By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are the differences between Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo gamers?

Angelus said:
Lots of sweeping generalizations in this thread. How expected

Pretty much. Sad really.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Around the Network
Angelus said:
Lots of sweeping generalizations in this thread. How expected

This

>.> popcorn

Noctisluciscaelum said:
>.> popcorn

Make me some too! lol

FentonCrackshell said:
XBOX gamers are frat boys. They're the ones who'll play games mostly because their friends play games.

Sony gamers are nerds who are likely to know more about video games than the opposite sex.

Nintendo gamers are stuck up Carlton Banks types who think they're superior and that the way they play games is the way games should be played.

/not sarcasm

Disgusting!

Around the Network

Will first we need some corn seed in order to make popcorn. >.>

SNM

Xbox gamers= Competitive gamers (Primarily sports and shooters)
Sony gamers= Diverse gamers but like to play storybased games in many genres. Sony takes the jack of all trades master of none route, but still has quality.
Nintendo gamers= First party enthusiasts who like party games and platformers.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Xbox gamers= Competitive gamers (Primarily sports and shooters)
Sony gamers= Diverse gamers
Nintendo gamers= First party enthusiasts who like party games and platformers.

^ this pretty much sum up.

BraLoD said:

Bloodborne is a co-development betwen Sony Japan Studio and From Software, just like Demon's Souls.

Sony owns Demon's Souls IP, but I dunno if it will own Bloodborne IP (probably will as well, if so, it's a Sony game).

And Uncharted multiplayer is definitely not it's focus, people buy it for the main game, just like all others and TLOU. They having a good multiplayer doesn't make it their focus at all, it's a plus.

From Software came up with the setting and gameplay for the game. aka the online co-op. Not that it matters, it would have been in there whether Sony were actually developing it or not.

Where did I say anything about it being the focus of Uncharted 4? It will be a big component of the game. That's what I said. Just like MP is a big component of Halo, yet its also got a huge universe and expansive story that many buy the game just to experience.

We can go back and forth on this all you want, someone replied laughing at the stupid notion that PS is starting to cater more to single player worlds and that's what I was agreeing with. That's clearly false. There's this myth running around that some people like to perpatuate that their fanbase has some sort of more well rounded taste in games yet you look at sales charts and it's the same shit on both consoles.