By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - What game made you a PC gamer?

starcraft and warcraft 3

Around the Network

At first? Quake
then later on Dawn of War 2

The first was probably the likes of Doom, Xargon and Wolfenstein 3D.

The games that later cemented PC as my main platform were Age of Empires, Starcraft, MDK, Quake and Half-Life.

I think it was '95 (I was 6/7) and my dad gave me disks with Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, and Heretic on it. After I got through those games I went onto things like Half Life, Quake and Riven as well as emulating a lot of console and handheld games (had to get my Pokemon fix somehow!).

Oregon Trail and Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?

Around the Network

Doom and StarCraft Brood War.

Spear of Destiny, Doom, Commander Keen 4 for the most part. Also Raptor: Call of the Shadows I suppose, and a few other maybe. Scorched Earth?

Well I play anything practically, but the game that got me hooked on PC was CSS

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

- Diablo 2
- World of Warcraft
- Dota and Dota 2

The ugly thing about pc games is most of them are garbage as the DirectX SDK is free to get. IMO Microsoft should have not made DirectX SDK free. Don't forget the pirates.. they have been helping game developers moving towards console games.

I didn't even own a PC back then, and the games I played the most were Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, Lemmings, Gobliiins, Syndicate and Scorched Earth. Less often I played Tie Fighter, Wing Commander, Comanche: maximum overkill, Ironman Offroad Racing and the demo of Eye of the Beholder and Castle of the Winds. I also played Leprechaun and Shufflepuck Café on a Mac.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!