By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - What game made you a PC gamer?

Half-life

Around the Network

Frist ones on PC it was some text adventure games. Later on it think it was ultima, kings quest etc.

First online with graphic was warcraft followed by ultima online, diablo and everquest and then alot of starcraft.

Now I am back to singelplayer games :).

Steam's prices.

Mmmm, not the first PC game I played, but the one that made me a PC gamer?

Counter-Strike and Starcraft, concurrently.

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/

Age of Empires. I had to build my first PC just to play that fucking game. It had a massive 32MB of RAM. I was 9 years old.

Around the Network

Ages ago. I'd say Bolo/Arkanoid, Joust, Midwinter. Atari ST520 in 1986-ish. I was 5 yo.

Then I had a few consoles, mainly Ninty's, then I came back into PC gaming with Starcraft I, Homeworld, Half-Life, UT2k4. I'd say my main defining game has been EVE Online.

EDIT : This is teh interw3bZ. You have to know about my gaming life.

Being able to play Street Fighter IV at 1080p/60fps on my shit HP, just by adding an $80 GPU. Hard to go back to playing on the PS3 after that.

Have some time to kill? Read my shitty games blog. http://www.pixlbit.com/blogs/586/gigantor21

:D

I played Half-Life and some older shooters like Duke Nukem 3D in 1998 at a friend's house and wanted a PC so badly afterwards. And for the internet of course.

I finally got one in 1999 with Half-Life, Age of Empires 2 and Unreal Tournament. Well, and a few months later came Quake III Arena which is still my favourite shooter of all time.

1998-2001 had an insane amount of amazing PC games, almost ridiculous.

Didn't make me a PC only gamer, but the first PC game I played was FFXI.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

A bunch of games really and emulation.

I could Lanplay with Soldier of Fortune 2, Battlefield, Unreal Tournament with lots of players and it was great. My PS1 died and I had to turn it upside down and I got another one and had to do the same, my PC was the only way I could play the rest of my games, and the same with my PS2 allowed me to progress in SoTC.

But really, in terms of games later on I'd say Warlords BattleCry series, BattleRealms, and Dungeon Siege 2. Oh yeah, and the tons of f2p MMOs(I currently play Vindictus alot and previously Granado Espada) and arcade games I can play for free which I get from various sites(no pirating).