By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - What game made you a PC gamer?

Around the Network

When I was primarily a PC gamer it was Counter-Strike and Battlefield. While those games were popular on PC, I was introduced to Halo on the Xbox though. After two years of WOW I had to drop the habit. It was entering no life mode and thats just not my style.

No specific PC game made me a PC gamer, in fact, the only one I've ever had interest in was TF2, I'm pretty much a single-player console gamer by heart that prefers to not being restricted by the limititations of said consoles.

I'm now filled with determination.

Minecraft but then it came to consoles. Still play other stuff on steam from time to time though

Xbox One, PS4 and Switch (+ Many Retro Consoles)

'When the people are being beaten with a stick, they are not much happier if it is called the people's stick'- Mikhail Bakunin

Prediction: Switch will sell better than Wii U Lifetime Sales by Jan 1st 2018

Age of Empires 2.

I had others before that like Pacman, Chicken Invaders, Rayman , Tetris ect but that one drew me in and I was quite addicted. It was just so fun despite me being terrible at the game and taking 30 mins to make 1 army then attack lol. Though I was very young anyway.

I'm better now but still not amazing or something you know.

I then became a casual console gamer late last gen, thanks to playing locally NSMB Wii at someone's house and MK DS locally at a Primary School end of year party.  I loved the DS and hated the Wii (after 3 months.). Wii was terrble in terms of hardware and controller imo.  I quickly then got  a 3DS at launch. Since 2013 I am a hardcore gamer and follow games and be good at them.  =D 

Around the Network

Crysis!

None B|

I feel good now.

It was 1995 when I played Star Wars Rebel Assault II, SimTower and SimCity 2000 as the first games I played on PC. A Mac in fact, but a computer nonetheless.

The year after that I had Wolfenstein 3D and Prince of Persia. Damage was done, I was hooked forever. After SimCity 3000, Rollercoaster Tycoon 1 and 2, Anno 1602 and finally SimCity 4, all around the turn of the century, I nearly abandoned console gaming for good. I had no need for consoles any more and the 6th Gen wasn't very appealing to me until the Wii renewed my interest and together with the PS3 brought me back to primarily console-gaming. Not that I never play on PC's anymore, of course...

starcraft and warcraft 3

At first? Quake
then later on Dawn of War 2