By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: Xbox One will sell more than the PS4 in Europe in 2015

man-bear-pig said:

Sorry to disappoint you all but this isn't a joke thread... If someone were to predict Xbox would win November and December NPD a few months ago you would've thought they were crazy and look what happened there... Looking forward to bumping all your comments this time next year

If this isn't a joke thread then do you dare to make a bet on it? Let's test that resolve

Around the Network
man-bear-pig said:
Imb4um8 said:

Not going to happen, you see. I live in Europe and the playstation brand is so huge and popular over here and I don't see it changing because win 10 compatibility with Xbox. Most of the console owners or at least going by people I know don't care so much about PC. Also people get the console their friends have so they can play with them and going by that it's maybe to late for x1 to catch up in Europe sins ps4 is doing so well in every country over here. We are fifa nerds over here and fifa is so heavily advertised with x1 now days and that did not even help x1 to sell more, so I don't think exclusives will matter that much in the end, not even Halo. But however I can see a huge price cut make x1 more wanted over here but even then it would be hard for it to outsell ps4. UK is the only part of the Europe where X1 is as popular as ps4 and that's because of the crazy deals they have been offered and to be fair UK was a xbox territory in past gen so I guess that has something to do with it too but in the end ps4 will eventually get a price cut too so meh. so for now, you are crazy ;)

Sony have dropped their $280m (of my memory serves) annual advertising deal with FIFA which is gonna have an impact too...Football is massive in Europe as you know

World Cup, which doesn't happen again until 2018 lol

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Ninsect said:
man-bear-pig said:

Sony have dropped their $280m (of my memory serves) annual advertising deal with FIFA which is gonna have an impact too...Football is massive in Europe as you know

World Cup, which doesn't happen again until 2018 lol

Sigh... Don't remind me about it! I'm surprised I've manged to survive this long without my dear World Cup!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

bluemd said:
Are you cereal?

Super cereal

I would be impressed if the X1 could outsell the PS4 for one week in Europe (has it yet?), much less enough weeks to outsell it for 2015 total.

In this prediction, how many of the 52 weeks do you see X1 winning?

Around the Network
Pionner said:
This is impossible. Especially with the steady lineup of games for PS4 in 2015. Europe in not the U.S. so you can't compare the two. Europe will always belong to Playstation. Just look at this weeks numbers.

Ofcourse the PS4 is selling more this week..the majority of the factors why I believe the Xbone will sell more won't come into play until next year

Troll_Whisperer said:
It's obvious the OP just wants to win this:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=195527

Yep. 

Seems to be working. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

I would say xbox one will drop down to at least 28k after the holidays
and wii u around 15k-20k
with wii u and xbox one battling it out in the late teens early 20ks

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

Ninsect said:

Surely this is a joke thread lol. 

Also "This gap will probably be around 5m by years end due to Sony's lower pricing in Europe."

I'm pretty sure XB1 is lower priced in most of Europe, it's getting sales pretty much everywhere.

I'm pretty sure it isn't...even in the UK (the only country where M$ seems to give a shit atm) the PS4 is cheaper and has better deals

LOL I may just keep doing 'tagging' posts here forever so I can keep it tucked away at the side, funny, funny stuff...

Buying order: Switch, better pc