By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - How much influence does miiverse have on sales? "edit" You're all wrong! Sorry...

DJEVOLVE said:
Squeezol said:
My scientific calculator says the influence is 0.0001%

So you're saying 1 out of every 10,000, not bad.  So roughly 800 out of all sales so far. Thanks i will update my books.

No problem, I am the most reliable source so you can trust me any day.

Around the Network
Squeezol said:
DJEVOLVE said:
Squeezol said:
My scientific calculator says the influence is 0.0001%

So you're saying 1 out of every 10,000, not bad.  So roughly 800 out of all sales so far. Thanks i will update my books.

No problem, I am the most reliable source so you can trust me any day.

So this is a perfect time for me to start gambling and using you as my secret sauce. Awesome.

Very little in my opinion. Id say this forums has more impact sales wise than what Miiverse does.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

It should help sales, it's additional publicity aimed directly at the userbase. It just depends how much attention (either good or bad) it gains and given the two examples mentioned in the OP - price. For me though, it has little influence.

Nem said:

How much difference does twitter make in sales? Impossible to accuratly determine (people saying zero are obviously wrong). All you can gauge is how much people posted about a game.

It does feel like twitter. Guess to make the most out of Miiverse you need to follow people and just browse your activity feed.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

You guys just don't realise how much influence Miiverse really has on sales! smh

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Pretty small. But I have to say I think there is more influence NOT to buy a game than decide to buy a game because of Miiverse. I think the impact was bigger when there were the numbers for how many people where in a specific community because you could see how many people bought the game and with how many people you can share the experience. I think there is still an impact on some Wii U owners, esspecially for small titles but even not worth to talk about it.

I don't hate Microsoft, I don't hate PC,
I don't prefer Sony, I don't prefer Nintendo.
...Ok, I love Nintendo but this is something about tolerance, ok?

I'm a gamer with one of the greatest hobbies and I want to share this greatness with everyone.

AZWification said:

You guys just don't realise how much influence Miiverse really has on sales! smh

And influence on Nintendo. Remember the 50Hz VC campaign amongst others.

Surely the Luigi Death Stare provided some extra MK8 sales.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

TomaTito said:
AZWification said:

And influence on Nintendo. Remember the 50Hz VC campaign amongst others.

Surely the Luigi Death Stare provided some extra MK8 sales.

Just some extra MK8 sales? I'm sure the game wouldn't have reached 2 million without Luigi's Death Stare!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

I assume the effect is small, besides some niche games that might be able to get a lot of recognition for other Miiverse-participants.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

David_Hernandeez said:
I think nobody understands the question

I think you don't understand the question. 

As for me, I do and have a real response.  Personally, I couldn't have cared less for Pikmin 3, but I will confess that after reading a few positive reviews and how gameplay was capable of having you play 3 characters at once, I decided to watch the trailers and I bought the game. 

I just realized that it's not the only game.  I read about Amazing 101, didn't care for it, but still it shows you the power over me that Miiverse had.  I'm reading about Shovel Knight, might just get it afterall.