By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - AC:Unity impressions post 40GB Patch on X1.

It's kind of funny how even their patch needs patching.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

Around the Network

With a yearly release, the patches from the previous games are going to run into the patches for the next games!

Troll_Whisperer said:
It's kind of funny how even their patch needs patching.

This is modern game development summed up perfectly. 

That is so Assassin Black Flag on the Wii U.

NNID: MagicalLight

FC: 4124 - 5888 - 4804

I've not tried the new patch on PS4 yet, but i am probably going to hold off. Ubisoft have been talking crap recently, first they delayed a patch to "redo paris" and only a day after this they just released the patch.

Patches have to go through an approval system, so they wouldn't have done *anything* to that patch to redo paris, so why say they were holding off on it until they had... its all Bs. Can only assume another patch is in the works... but their communication has been absolutely crap.

Then you have a game like Farcry 4 which is awesome... go figure.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

Around the Network

I really dont get it.

I had a fantastic time with the game. In fact it ran less buggy for me than past AC games.

Madword said:
I've not tried the new patch on PS4 yet, but i am probably going to hold off. Ubisoft have been talking crap recently, first they delayed a patch to "redo paris" and only a day after this they just released the patch.

Patches have to go through an approval system, so they wouldn't have done *anything* to that patch to redo paris, so why say they were holding off on it until they had... its all Bs. Can only assume another patch is in the works... but their communication has been absolutely crap.

well one probably had a critical dead line (Unity) and the other one hadn't.
I mean it doesn't make a whole lot of sense economically to delay an Assassin's Creed game. There's going to be another one in fall anyway.

For AC games that seems pretty typical though. I'm very sure the next AC is going to be miles better. Just think of AC vs. AC2 and AC3 vs. AC4. The more hyped the game is the more bugs and flaws you will encounter.

Barozi said:
Madword said:

well one probably had a critical dead line (Unity) and the other one hadn't.
I mean it doesn't make a whole lot of sense economically to delay an Assassin's Creed game. There's going to be another one in fall anyway.

For AC games that seems pretty typical though. I'm very sure the next AC is going to be miles better. Just think of AC vs. AC2 and AC3 vs. AC4. The more hyped the game is the more bugs and flaws you will encounter.

To me that's their problem, they need more time to cook them, AC games have been getting worse over the years... it got better with black flag, but still have some very annoying poor design decisions, which would have made the game much better had they rotated AC with another franchise.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

That's it, i'm never going to buy this game. Not even at a discount.

Cobretti2 said:
40gb patch? FUCK that shit. The game deserve a 0 score for stupid shit like this.

Glad I did not buy it and will not support shit that requires insane patches like this.

its not 40gb. the patch is 6.9gb. if you get 40gb to download then you got the bug from the patch and it only affects xbox one users.