By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - AC:Unity impressions post 40GB Patch on X1.

MoHasanie said:

Yeah, they need to start fining companies for releasing broken games and then releasing big patches. Hopefully the EU passes a law soon to deal with the matter. 

I prefer people make decisions with their wallet versus relying on government to solve all our trivial problems.

However, if a company flat out lies about their product then I'm fine with them getting sued.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Frankly, I fail to see what these 2-6 gb patches are even fixing. The load times are still a nightmare, the framerate still sucks, etc.

By the way, you people fail to realize that there's an easy way around this. If you own a physical copy of the game, just uninstall it from your hard drive and then reinstall it. The update will then be only 6.4 gb.

40GB? The fuck is that shit? That's like another whole game.

So these are your AAA high profile blockbuster next-gen games that Nintendo consoles don't deserve? How funny.

Mr Puggsly --- i haven't played teh game myself but for my brother everythign is fine accept when it has to go through large crowds. Apart from that , his eperience with the game is really smooth. This was before the big patch. I yet to see the difference after patch. Hopefully its donw by today so i can check it out and see if it does make any difference.

@TheGoldenBoy thats a glitch affecting only XO. should be 6.9ish gb

Around the Network
Ssliasil said:
Why the hell did they Rush Unity to release anyway? Black Flag is still a new fucking game

To prove investors they can get loads of money every year at the same date. Also the average (homeconsole) casual buys the same series every year at the same date.

dane007 said:
Cobretti -- i have seen my oldest brother play the game on his XO and most of the time the framerate is stable . It only drops a bit during crowded scenes. Its very playable and not that broken as many people would say. Skyrim on ps3 had fps in single digits. that to me is more broken. I agree that ubisoft should have released the game next year to do more testing and released rogue on all platforms this year. Its all about money these days and being holiday period , most companies owuld grab teh opportunity to cash on it

My problem isn't so muchthe patches but rather how do I back them up? ATM all we can do is backup the whole system. This takes time everytime you want to d it. I don't even know what good the backup is if I were to get a replacement system.

If they want people to accept patches, DLC etc in full they need to go back to basics.

i.e.

1. Purchased Retail or digital game.

2. Allow backup of game save files and patches as seperate files that are not tied to a console.

I should be able to take my game disc put it in, take my save files and or patches on a USB and take them to a friends house tht has no internet or slooow internet and be able to install and use them there.

I should be able to also do that if my console dies.

Now you may say oh you can download it all again. That is true, however what happens at the end of the generation when everything is shutdown and I can't get the patches? Fix this issue for retro gamers and these modern console would be more appealing. 

ghost_of_fazz said:
So these are your AAA high profile blockbuster next-gen games that Nintendo consoles don't deserve? How funny.

C'mon man!

We are all jelly Wii U owners get access to Sonic Boom while we're stuck with AC:U. No need to rub it in.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
ghost_of_fazz said:

C'mon man!

We are all jelly Wii U owners get access to Sonic Boom while we're stuck with AC:U. No need to rub it in.

Cobretti2 ---- i would assume all games installation and saves are saved on the cloud based on your profile. Therefore if you replace your system, i would assume once you get your profile back, all your saves will come back and would just need to reinstall the games. Plus you can always get a portable hardrives and store all your games there and carry that with you . These days hard drives are cheap. I have done that way and i maange to carry my saves and profile to my friends place with no problem. What do you mean at the end of generation , everything shutdowns?