By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - AC:Unity impressions post 40GB Patch on X1.

So...even the patch is broken?

Around the Network
foodfather said:
I really dont get it.

I had a fantastic time with the game. In fact it ran less buggy for me than past AC games.

I think that gamers blow these things out of proportion, and the average gamer doesn't notice that much.  The same thing with Skyrim on PS3.  Every gamer online deemed it unplayable, but my friend played the shit out of it and didn't notie any problems. *shrug*

(Note: I haven't player ACU, so I can't really judge)

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

LOL 40 Gigabyte patch? MGS4 in its entirety is about 50 Gigabytes and thats easily one of the most biggest games in terms of bytes of last gen, probably the biggest one...

I don't get it. Why are some of you playin' stupid? Ok, the game is fucked, the patch is fucked.... but I still don't get it. U've got the disk.... it's ~7GB (no re-install needed in my case)... U've got the "digital" version then.... ok. A 40GB patch sounds completely stupid... but you already know that ain't only the patch. The game was fucked from the start and everybody knew it... what's there to add and discuss? As a side note (Is the Internet that bad in your area?)

Ex Graphics Whore.

dane007 said:
Cobretti2 said:
40gb patch? FUCK that shit. The game deserve a 0 score for stupid shit like this.

Glad I did not buy it and will not support shit that requires insane patches like this.

its not 40gb. the patch is 6.9gb. if you get 40gb to download then you got the bug from the patch and it only affects xbox one users.

because 6.9gb is MUCH better?  These broken games are getting rediculous on all consoles with their huge patches.

Around the Network
AnthonyW86 said:

That's it, i'm never going to buy this game. Not even at a discount.

In my opinion, that's not a great viewpoint to take

The game never ran as badly as reported for the vast majority of actual users. I can only speak for the PS4 performance, but it has never been unplayable. It hasn't been a sold 30fps, but it's been good. It never got very choppy and it never got stuck. I have had literally one crash.

After the patch, things are smoother and the game generally runs well

There are one or two bugs and civilians do have weird glitches from time to time. But it's barely noticable

The reason that it didn't get awful reviews due to bugs is because they were always MASSIVELY overhyped*

So yeah. Keep an open mind and don't listen to all the "anti-hype". I know it's cool to bash Ubi, but not all of it is deserved. It's not game of the year and it's probably not better than Black Flag in many aspects. But it's not broken and it does have plenty of good things to offer

As for the patch, on Xbox One it causes some people to download the entire game. Not on other consoles, certainly I downloaded it without a problem. The reason it's so large is because they've redone a lot of the textures throughout Paris to help the game run better. It seems to have worked

* The PC release is quite possibly broken. But I personally rarely expect any PC game to properly work at launch

Cobretti2 said:
dane007 said:
Cobretti2 said:
40gb patch? FUCK that shit. The game deserve a 0 score for stupid shit like this.

Glad I did not buy it and will not support shit that requires insane patches like this.

its not 40gb. the patch is 6.9gb. if you get 40gb to download then you got the bug from the patch and it only affects xbox one users.

because 6.9gb is MUCH better?  These broken games are getting rediculous on all consoles with their huge patches.

Yeah, they need to start fining companies for releasing broken games and then releasing big patches. Hopefully the EU passes a law soon to deal with the matter. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Only the X1 had the 40GB patch glitch. I can't say for how the X1 fared post patch, but the PS4 version has been improved quite noticeably from the 6.7GB patch in my experience. It still isn't perfect, but it is a huge step in the right direction.

It is a shame Ubi couldn't be as effective with both platforms, but I hope it gets ironed out on X1 also. The game was never unplayable for me and it is saddening to see people are still having issues.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Cobretti -- i have seen my oldest brother play the game on his XO and most of the time the framerate is stable . It only drops a bit during crowded scenes. Its very playable and not that broken as many people would say. Skyrim on ps3 had fps in single digits. that to me is more broken. I agree that ubisoft should have released the game next year to do more testing and released rogue on all platforms this year. Its all about money these days and being holiday period , most companies owuld grab teh opportunity to cash on it

dane007 said:
Cobretti -- i have seen my oldest brother play the game on his XO and most of the time the framerate is stable . It only drops a bit during crowded scenes. Its very playable and not that broken as many people would say. Skyrim on ps3 had fps in single digits. that to me is more broken. I agree that ubisoft should have released the game next year to do more testing and released rogue on all platforms this year. Its all about money these days and being holiday period , most companies owuld grab teh opportunity to cash on it

The frame rate for the most part is fine when you're making your way to an objective, exploring, etc. But sometimes during action scenes its so unstable it actually impacts gameplay. That kinda choppiness shouldn't exist for a series of this popular. Perhaps they should have stuck with the old engine until this one was ready.

Its not like cutting edge visuals is crucial to the AC experience. AC:Rogue is easily the better game of 2014.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)