By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Up 6 December 2014

WiiU getting what it deserve lack of Holiday price cut and no Super Smash Bundle. Seems like Nintendo just happy milking customers money with Amiibo's.

Nintendo need the 249.99 MSRP and the 199.99 Basic bundle MSRP.

Around the Network
walsufnir said:
Wright said:
walsufnir said:

Japan always was the reason for PS3 to be close to 360 The gap in the west is incredebly in favor for 360.

Japan gave the boost to the Ps3 whereas it never really made any decent numbers-per-week for 360, but isn't Europe the main place where Ps3 pulls the biggest numbers in comparison to the 360?

No, that's Japan. The gap there is bigger than in EU.

For now. Legs will make sure EU diff ends up higher than JP diff. Also if were talking mainland EU, the difference is higher regardless.

And You Won.

WiiU gonna WiiU.

It really seems like it won't even reach 9m before the year is over, 10m is pretty mucha dream now.

Rest of the world numbers.

PS4 125844

XB1 69859

WIU 13552

3DS 39978

VIT 9371

vivster said:

So despite holiday sales Smash U tracking below MK8 in Week 3. That's something.

Also bla bla no bundle bla bla.

Wat are you talking aboutt? SSBU is ahead

Edit: I dont get what you mean here^ If Its Just US, SSB is ahead. Are you looking at MK8 WW vs SSBU US Sales or something?

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:

One suffered a very big and equally predictable drop, NA accounting for almost 300k out of 515 shows the skewed balance in global numbers but also shows that my assumption all along is possibly correct (the One will win the US market, and likely the UK when all is said and done, and might end up at around 70% of the PS4's lifetime totals if things go well). At the very least; there is potential there for this console to do very well.

I don't agree with that assumption. Here's my take on it.

That assumption of yours is only correct and possible if one of two things happen. Either the XB1 remains cheaper than the PS4 in both NA and the UK for the remainder of this console generation or that somehow at the same price of the PS4 the XB1 still outsells it. We have seen that the latter of those two things isn't possible which leaves X1 with always being cheaper to sell better. 

Problem with a price war, which is basically what we are talkin about, is that there is a point where it stops to matter. 

Those Wii U numbers are....depressing to say the least or not as depressing as those Vita numbers.....sad times for those two. Great PS4 and XB1 numbers though! A lot closer in the US than I expected. But EU is the bread and butter for the PS4 wow!!!! All the other sales are about as expected....

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

CGI-Quality said:
Mnementh said:

Ugly WiiU numbers, PSV even worse, everything else seems OKish.

PS4 and X1 are definitely far better than "OKish". They're excellent right now!

You're right, they're fine, they look only not so impressive after Black Friday. But that is an unfair comparison.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

PS4 adjusted down once again...

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

tbone51 said:
vivster said:

So despite holiday sales Smash U tracking below MK8 in Week 3. That's something.

Also bla bla no bundle bla bla.

Wat are you talking aboutt? SSBU is ahead

Edit: I dont get what you mean here^ If Its Just US, SSB is ahead. Are you looking at MK8 WW vs SSBU US Sales or something?

VGC says MK8  third week 1.6m global.

SSBU is at 0.97 in second week. Add to that the 160k US from this week plus 220k(or so) from Japan. I doubt Europe and ROW will push it above 1.6m.

Do I have some wrong numbers?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.