By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto: Next Mario Will Most Likely Be On Nintendo’s Next Console

zorg1000 said:
This doesn't really surprise me, we already have New Super Mario Bros U, Super Mario 3D World and next year we're getting Mario Maker. Also i wouldn't be surprised to see Super Mario Sunshine HD release sometime in 2015/2016 for Wii U.

Nobody wants Super Mario Sunshine, it's a bad game.

At least give us Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2 HD lol. 

Around the Network

WiiU will probably not be around for as long as I thought..

Samus Aran said:
zorg1000 said:
This doesn't really surprise me, we already have New Super Mario Bros U, Super Mario 3D World and next year we're getting Mario Maker. Also i wouldn't be surprised to see Super Mario Sunshine HD release sometime in 2015/2016 for Wii U.

It most certainly is not a bad game, maybe not as good or popular as Mario 64 or Galaxy but those are some of the best games ever. It still sold 6.3 million and is enjoyed by many people.

It's just like Wind Waker, not as commercially successful or as well recieved as Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess but still a very good game which got an HD remaster.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Damn it, OP!  I was scared for a moment there! -_-

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

zorg1000 said:
Samus Aran said:
zorg1000 said:

It most certainly is not a bad game, maybe not as good or popular as Mario 64 or Galaxy but those are some of the best games ever. It still sold 6.3 million and is enjoyed by many people.

It's just like Wind Waker, not as commercially successful or as well recieved as Ocarina of Time or Twilight Princess but still a very good game which got an HD remaster.

Sunshine is considered by many to be the black sheep of the 3D Mario games. The game is incredibly short if you don't feel like doing some of the ridiculous extra content (blue coins, uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh). The environments are all pretty similar and the graphics are down right ugly (except the water in this game, gorgeous). 

Around the Network

do we always have to presume that when they confirm that they are working on a new system it automatically means the current one will soon be discontinued?

when will people ever learn that as soon as a console is released work begins on the next shorty after?

WiiU will be on the market for at least as long as the GC which was 5 years. they will probably put out a redesign next year

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Samus Aran said:
zorg1000 said:
Samus Aran said:
zorg1000 said:

Sunshine is considered by many to be the black sheep of the 3D Mario games. The game is incredibly short if you don't feel like doing some of the ridiculous extra content (blue coins, uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh). The environments are all pretty similar and the graphics are down right ugly (except the water in this game, gorgeous). 

What's ur point? Wind Waker is considered by many to be the black sheep of 3D Zelda games. Cartoony artstyle, too much sailing and triforce fetch quest are things that many people didn't like about the game, it still got an HD remaster that is on its way to 1.5 million sold compared to 4.6 million for the original. Sunshine sold 6.3 million so it's very possible that an HD remaster could sell 2 million or so.

Literally every mainline Super Mario game from the original thru Mario 64 has been rereleased/remastered, it's Sunshine' turn.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

im 100% sure another main Mario game will release on Wii U.

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

zorg1000 said:
Samus Aran said:
zorg1000 said:
Samus Aran said:
zorg1000 said:

What's ur point? Wind Waker is considered by many to be the black sheep of 3D Zelda games. Cartoony artstyle, too much sailing and triforce fetch quest are things that many people didn't like about the game, it still got an HD remaster that is on its way to 1.5 million sold compared to 4.6 million for the original. Sunshine sold 6.3 million so it's very possible that an HD remaster could sell 2 million or so.

Literally every mainline Super Mario game from the original thru Mario 64 has been rereleased/remastered, it's Sunshine' turn.

I only hear positive things about Wind Waker. You're talking about the intitial criticism, people eventually got over that.

Many people however still think Sunshine is the weakest one. They should remaster Galaxy 1 & 2. It's better to do two games considering they re-use a lot of the same assets. It would be cheaper and better to do the Super Mario Galaxy games. I'm not doubting that a Sunshine remaster would sell, I'm saying a Galaxy remaster would sell more. 

Not a single 3D Mario has been remastered except Mario 64. How on earth can it be Sunshine's turn? 

Wow dont scare me like that, I thought it was 99% confirmed for a second their that WiiU wouldnt recieve a real 3D Mario game.