By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Miyamoto: Next Mario Will Most Likely Be On Nintendo’s Next Console

Goodnightmoon said:
Nate4Drake said:
I don't have a WiiU and most probably I won't buy one. So I don't care about another Mario Galaxy or Super Mario Sunshine. Regardless of future Mario Games on WiiU which might be attractive for WiiU owners, I really want a powerful Nintendo Console next time, and a game at Launch capable of WOW everybody, like Mario64 did with Nintendo64. I want a Mario Adventure, a platform/action/adventure, with more freedom and bigger levels, something new. Am I the only one who wants this ??

I really think Mario 64 formula doesn´t work anymore, and i don´t know if I want a Mario Sandbox... if has the playability of 3dworld is fine, but i don´t see that happening. I think a Mario Galaxy 3 with even bigger levels and some new good ideas can be great, at least for now, everybody loves Mario galaxy, i think is  the best Mario 3d ever and i´m sure it would look amazing on WiiU hardware. For next console they have to think on something really revolutionary, but again, not sure if Mario 64 formula still works...

I think the Mario64 formula has a serious potential, Nintendo has the genius to impress gamers and to make it possible on the Next Gen Hardware. Fact is more resources will be required, that's the only question mark.  I understand your point, but you know, only thinking about children, or the majority of Nintendo casual gamers, or simply going on the 'safe side', never push you in doing something new, something fresh. At a certain point, Nintendo should dare a little more, to capture the attention of new gamers.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network
Nate4Drake said:
Goodnightmoon said:
Nate4Drake said:
I don't have a WiiU and most probably I won't buy one. So I don't care about another Mario Galaxy or Super Mario Sunshine. Regardless of future Mario Games on WiiU which might be attractive for WiiU owners, I really want a powerful Nintendo Console next time, and a game at Launch capable of WOW everybody, like Mario64 did with Nintendo64. I want a Mario Adventure, a platform/action/adventure, with more freedom and bigger levels, something new. Am I the only one who wants this ??

I really think Mario 64 formula doesn´t work anymore, and i don´t know if I want a Mario Sandbox... if has the playability of 3dworld is fine, but i don´t see that happening. I think a Mario Galaxy 3 with even bigger levels and some new good ideas can be great, at least for now, everybody loves Mario galaxy, i think is  the best Mario 3d ever and i´m sure it would look amazing on WiiU hardware. For next console they have to think on something really revolutionary, but again, not sure if Mario 64 formula still works...

I think the Mario64 formula has a serious potential, Nintendo has the genius to impress gamers and to make it possible on the Next Gen Hardware. Fact is more resources will be required, that's the only question mark.  I understand your point, but you know, only thinking about children, or the majority of Nintendo casual gamers, or simply going on the 'safe side', never push you in doing something new, something fresh. At a certain point, Nintendo should dare a little more, to capture the attention of new gamers.

But Mario Galaxy is not for casual Nintendo gamers, i think almost every nintendo hardcore gamer, whatever that means, loves Galaxy, is just a must play game and the second it´s actually pretty hard, not so cassual indeed. But yeah I understand your point too, 3d world is great, but not a revolution like 64 or Galaxy, and wee need that for the next system, maybe a bigger mario in every sense, maybe.

I don't think we should be too literal when reading his words.
In my opinion he's just saying that a unseen Mario spin-off or a completely new game won't arrive before new gen.

Remakes are most likely coming, specially when 2015 is his 25th birthday.

Now, seeing as a new Mario is in development, either Wii U will see a replacement sooner than expected - probably with a Mario title at launch - or it's coming instead to a new handheld. Most likely 2016, with the possibility of being ready for launch

yeahhhh ok glad i'm not the only one who felt like people were misunderstanding this -_- sheesh, got me worried for a minute

Goodnightmoon said:
Nate4Drake said:
Goodnightmoon said:
Nate4Drake said:

But Mario Galaxy is not for casual Nintendo gamers, i think almost every nintendo hardcore gamer, whatever that means, loves Galaxy, is just a must play game and the second it´s actually pretty hard, not so cassual indeed. But yeah I understand your point too, 3d world is great, but not a revolution like 64 or Galaxy, and wee need that for the next system, maybe a bigger mario in every sense, maybe.

Agreed about Galaxy, this is why I said casual gamers, or simply going on the 'safe side'.

I mean a bigger Mario in every sense. Nintendo will find the formula. :)

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network
Nate4Drake said:
DarkRPGamer007 said:
They should release another at the end of the Wii U's lifetime to give it some legs in 2017-18

By 2017-2018 WiiU could be a memory, if the New Hardware comes out in Fall 2016...I would never waste resources to release a WiiU Mario Game so late when a new Hardware is already available. My opinion.

I agree they shouldn't after another console has already released, but I hope they push Wii U until at least 2017, because I think every console deserves at least 5 years on the market.

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!