By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Game of the Year! Dragon Age? WTF!

Conina said:
Samus Aran said:

What's so weird about EA paying off reviewers? 

You really think a big company is not going to do that?

Oh boy... Next you'll tell me that Nixon wasn't involved in the Watergate scandal. 

Perhaps Nintendo paid off reviewers for many of their games. They have much deeper pockets than EA.

You really think a big company is not going to do that? ;)

No, Nintendo are saints, we all know that.

Around the Network

So many talking about story and not gameplay as to why DAI won. What happened to gameplay?

I can't comment on either DAI or Bayo as I don't have either, but gameplay should be the first and most important part.

fatslob-:O said:
Nem said:

Its nationalism. They dont want a Japanese (especially Nintendo exclusive) game to win, but if you make a logical analysis of the product presented to the consumer, Bayonetta 2 is the definitive GOTY.
But, those people want to give the spot light to american companies so they can keep doing what they have been doing.
It wouldnt be confortable if a japanese company that has a game that runs at a perfect 60fps 1080p without any bugs would win GOTy because they would have to admit they have been doing it wrong.

Uh huh ... 

Refer to the 2005 VGAs to see if you can keep holding up that belief ...

He's not talking about 2005, he's talking about 2014 big AAA WESTERN companies being greedy and rushing their products for a release when they're clearly not ready.

I do agree with Ike though, it's just natural. Western media will promote western games, eastern media (Japan) will promote Japanese games. It's a no brainer, specially when your big developers are flopping with their over hyped products.

What I do find ridiculous, is how many people consider Smash "not GOTY worth it", being because it's a fighter or whatever. That game is out only once in a generation, it celebrates the history of gaming's most well known/respected developer, has potential for hundreds of hours of gameplay and tons of content. And still is not GOTY worth it.

Samus Aran said:
TheBlackNaruto said:
The OP seems flawed and is making up conspiracy theories. 89 and 91 on meta so that means 91 is GOTY? Why? And then to bring up user scores that is worse. Then we have people saying it is nationalism and it is because Bayo2 was a Japanese game yet isn't MGS4 considered to be a Japanese game and it won GOTY. Then someone even said EA paid off sites and reviewers so that is the reason wow....just wow.

Dolph I know you are a huge nintendo fan and that is cool but this thread is just ridiculous man. It has no basis at all.

Oh boy... Next you'll tell me that Nixon wasn't involved in the Watergate scandal. 

So out of all the years and all the games EA paid off this year just so DA:I can win GOTY??? Really???? So every game that has ever won GOTY the company behind the game paid off the reviewers? Or this year is it just because DA:I beat out Bayo 2 that it is an issue?

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Teeqoz said:
marley said:
Teeqoz said:

Says it's not opinions. Lists other's opinions as reasons as to why it's not opinions. Facepalm.

He didn't say 'it's not opinions', he said opinions skew heavily in Bayonetta's favor (and then backed it up with numbers).  

Which is just as "facepalm", cause it's still opinions. Some have given Bayo 2 the GOTY, some have given it to DA:I.

He responded to someone who said 'it's all opinions' with evidence (weak as it is) that shows the majority of opinions agree with his sentiment.  Seems like a pretty reasonable response to me.  I feel like you should be directing your 'facepalming' at his OP (which wasn't reasonable).  

Around the Network
DerNebel said:
Conina said:
Samus Aran said:

Perhaps Nintendo paid off reviewers for many of their games. They have much deeper pockets than EA.

You really think a big company is not going to do that? ;)

No, Nintendo are saints, we all know that.

Who said anything about Nintendo? I've seen Nintendo games get high review scores (Pokémon) even though they rehash the same shit over and over again. On the other hand I've seen great Nintendo games (DKC: TF) getting shit on just because it wasn't Metroid.

No big company is above or below this thing called bribing professional reviewers. Some are just worse at it than others. 

Samus Aran said:
TheBlackNaruto said:
The OP seems flawed and is making up conspiracy theories. 89 and 91 on meta so that means 91 is GOTY? Why? And then to bring up user scores that is worse. Then we have people saying it is nationalism and it is because Bayo2 was a Japanese game yet isn't MGS4 considered to be a Japanese game and it won GOTY. Then someone even said EA paid off sites and reviewers so that is the reason wow....just wow.

Dolph I know you are a huge nintendo fan and that is cool but this thread is just ridiculous man. It has no basis at all.

Well speculating that anyone paid off someone for reviews doesn't really get you anywhere. We'll never be able to prove it and even if it is the case, I wouldn't put it past Nintendo or any other publisher to do the same thing.

Also, gameplay can be amazing which from what I hear Bayo2 was but for some people, they like it when the game can somehow connect to them on a deeper level. Personally, I love stories. Give me a good story and I'll be satisfied, whether it be in movies, TV, Anime, music or video games so I value the story a little more than gameplay.

The game with the highest Metascore never automatically won the most GOTY awards. Ask Rockstar North.

Did you check how Bayonetta 2 got its Metascore compared to DA:I or another game? It could have gotten lots of perfect or near perfect scores from Nintendo exclusive magazines or sites, which don't count (at least they shouldn't) when we're talking about GOTY.

Jissu said:
The fact Bayonetta 2 was the 8th game in 18 years to receive a perfect 10/10 score on GameSpot should be enough IMO.

You really should take reviews with a grain of salt. Especially reviews from Gamespot.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Bayonetta is undoubtedly an amazing game, but they aint fucking with it.