By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bayo 2 is A BIG sucess!!!

From Platinum blog:

Nintendo shared lots of stories about release day events from various other countries as well, and I was very happy and relieved to see the game was being so warmly welcomed all over the world, so I’m very grateful to all of you who picked it up!

Russia event

''If you like all these tips and tricks enough though, we might just have to come back for a third installment.''

Bayo 3 comfirmed???w   : O

http://nintendoeverything.com/bayonetta-2-release-event-report-and-more-tips-from-platinumgames-blog/#disqus_thread

Around the Network

They don't exactly say that it's a success, but I certainly hope that Platinum is satisfied with the launch.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Wouldn't really call it a "success" but still a great game nonetheless.

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

As long as they are happy about it while not losing money, thats all I need to hear

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

I know it got rave reviews, even better than the first one. I wish it had been released on the Xbox. Bayonetta is my favorite action game of all time, despite how silly and disjointed the story was. Having said that, and as much as I would love to get Bayo2, no game for me is worth having to buy a console for it. I just do not care for Nintendo and haven't since the N64.

Around the Network
Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:
As long as they are happy about it while not losing money, thats all I need to hear

Nintendo is the publisher, so they're the ones who eaten the loss.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

LOL  ok OP, whatever makes you happy.

-MOD EDIT-

User was moderated for this post

-Dallinor

outlawauron said:

True but Nintendo can take the hit and I doubt it needs that much to break even while granted it wont really sell any wiiUs or that much software

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

outlawauron said:

Depends on the deal really. In some situations, the game has to sell at least $X before the developers see a penny, while in others the whole thing is bought and paid for in advance, with the publisher collecting the entire amount afterwards. If Platinum is pleased with the sales performance, I suspect it's because we're looking at something closer to the latter than the former.

Excellent. Nintendo's strategy with this game has been brilliant. Fantastic 3rd party games to supplement their stellar 1st party stuff is a winning formula. Nintendo should really consider making Platinum a 2nd party developer. Platinum wants it and their games are always among the best.

I know some would consider the game a failure, but it did wonders for the Wii U library. Add in other games from developers like Monolith Softs Xenoblade Chronicles X and its further proof that Nintendo isn't afraid to take risks on a quality developer. I really look forward to Bayonetta 3.