By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bayo 2 is A BIG sucess!!!

Clyde32 said:
Weedlab said:

And to answer you (well your second question) ... when this game hits the 6 figure mark and at least breaks even then that's some level of success (commercially) in my book. Until then, it is still a work in progress. Even games that hit a million and beyond are still duds to the ones behind them when you consider the expenses.

6 figures is in 100K? Or do you mean 7 figures? Or 6 zeroes? 

In any case, since we don't know the budget of the game, I doubt we can call bomba or success at this point. If the budget was as low as 20 million, then they could have easily made that by now.

Wonderful 101 cost 1.5x the budget of the original Bayonetta. Bayonetta 2 surely surpasses that. There's no way in hell they've made even half of the cost back.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

As good as the game is , there is no way the game can be called a commercial success. For such a highly rated game the sales are actually quite poor.

I know nintendo funded the game and I am grateful that we got to play it, but it's obvious to see that genre fan base is not on the wii u , and this one game did not convince them to shift.

siddhartha87 said:
As good as the game is , there is no way the game can be called a commercial success. For such a highly rated game the sales are actually quite poor.

I know nintendo funded the game and I am grateful that we got to play it, but it's obvious to see that genre fan base is not on the wii u , and this one game did not convince them to shift.

That is too bad. I would love a Bayonetta 3

KLXVER said:
siddhartha87 said:

I think Bayo 3 will come, Nintendo or someone else will be tempted seeing the critical reception.

But then I am too much of an optimist as I am still waiting for the Okami sequel :(

siddhartha87 said:
KLXVER said:
siddhartha87 said:

I think Bayo 3 will come, Nintendo or someone else will be tempted seeing the critical reception.

But then I am too much of an optimist as I am still waiting for the Okami sequel :(

Well there is the Okami prequel

Around the Network

Bayonetta 3 will arrive only in the " Wii U 2 "

Prediction: Nintendo Switch sells 100 million until the end of 2021

JulioMadeira said:

If thats what it takes, then fine by me

JulioMadeira said:

That could actually be a good launch title, though if they are going to do that they really should buy the IP, so that no one thinks they can wait out the exclusivity.  Plus, Bayonetta moving from place to place is just bad for it's growth; it needs to settle somewhere. 

bunchanumbers said:
Excellent. Nintendo's strategy with this game has been brilliant. Fantastic 3rd party games to supplement their stellar 1st party stuff is a winning formula. Nintendo should really consider making Platinum a 2nd party developer. Platinum wants it and their games are always among the best.

I know some would consider the game a failure, but it did wonders for the Wii U library. Add in other games from developers like Monolith Softs Xenoblade Chronicles X and its further proof that Nintendo isn't afraid to take risks on a quality developer. I really look forward to Bayonetta 3.

I'd love to see Nintendo acquire Platinum, too. It's not like they don't already have a good working relationship and honestly Platinum's style of game seems like it's better suited to Nintendo than Sony or Microsoft.

Jim6860 said:
I know it got rave reviews, even better than the first one. I wish it had been released on the Xbox. Bayonetta is my favorite action game of all time, despite how silly and disjointed the story was. Having said that, and as much as I would love to get Bayo2, no game for me is worth having to buy a console for it. I just do not care for Nintendo and haven't since the N64.

"Bayonetta 2" is one of the very best games I've ever played... and I'm still not sure it's the best Wii U game! The U has dominated my television, and bed, and various chairs, and the floor. You can play the thing anywhere and it has the best exclusive linep of any of the big three. Don't buy a Wii U for "Bayonetta 2" (doing so would honestly be justified... buy a Wii U for some of the best gaming experiences of your entire life. No joke, my friend!

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7