By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bayo 2 is A BIG sucess!!!

Clyde32 said:

Which you are dodging. Sure it was my original intention to ask that. I was merely asking your opinion. Usually when everyone is talking about something, asking how it is defined means you are curious about what the subject means. Try putting the original question into context. 

See here? I was pointing toward that last and first bit of your sentence. Where it is bolded. 

I am not in disagreement with you, but my argument is that you initially did not approach me with a narrow question. Instead, you came with a much broader question, and nothing to suggest you meant a specific part in my post. As you can see from my previous quotes (and yours), you only just bolded that last part .... How would one know you meant commercial success when you did not pose such a question? (initially).

And to answer you (well your second question) ... when this game hits the 7 figure mark and at least breaks even then that's some level of success (commercially) in my book. Until then, it is still a work in progress. Even games that hit a million and beyond are still duds to the ones behind them when you consider the expenses.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

Around the Network
Jim6860 said:
I know it got rave reviews, even better than the first one. I wish it had been released on the Xbox. Bayonetta is my favorite action game of all time, despite how silly and disjointed the story was. Having said that, and as much as I would love to get Bayo2, no game for me is worth having to buy a console for it. I just do not care for Nintendo and haven't since the N64.

Ummm k. So you are saying you have no interest in any other game on the system? That seems crazy to me. There are a crap ton of GREAT games on the system so you wouldn't need to buy it one 1 game. 

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

in their definition, if people liked, then is a success.
i agree.

Weedlab said:

And to answer you (well your second question) ... when this game hits the 6 figure mark and at least breaks even then that's some level of success (commercially) in my book. Until then, it is still a work in progress. Even games that hit a million and beyond are still duds to the ones behind them when you consider the expenses.

6 figures is in 100K? Or do you mean 7 figures? Or 6 zeroes? 

In any case, since we don't know the budget of the game, I doubt we can call bomba or success at this point. If the budget was as low as 20 million, then they could have easily made that by now.

The gap is excellent in it's genre. It deserves more sales but the most important thing is, it doesn't make a loss over all. I wish Platinum the best of luck no matter what they try and make next.

Around the Network

Ok...but I still think its a flop.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

where do they say its a BIG success? I'm probably being a dick but he didn't really mention going over expectations, just thanking fans for support (which is still pretty cool though)

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian

Clyde32 said:
Weedlab said:

And to answer you (well your second question) ... when this game hits the 6 figure mark and at least breaks even then that's some level of success (commercially) in my book. Until then, it is still a work in progress. Even games that hit a million and beyond are still duds to the ones behind them when you consider the expenses.

6 figures is in 100K? Or do you mean 7 figures? Or 6 zeroes? 

In any case, since we don't know the budget of the game, I doubt we can call bomba or success at this point. If the budget was as low as 20 million, then they could have easily made that by now.

I'll concede here. The 6 was a slip of the finger and I edited it to 7 before your response manifested. And for the last part .... see bold.

Playstation = The Beast from the East

Sony + Nintendo = WIN! PS3 + PSV + PS4 + Wii U + 3DS

I dunno, didn't it sell poorly compared to the first one?

It might not have sold millions,but the people who bought it seems to be happy with it. I know I am
Cant really remember reading anything negative about this game from the people who got it.(except for the sexual content being a bit too much)