By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Bayo 2 is A BIG sucess!!!

Look if Jim doesnt want to buy a whole other system for one game. Then that is not crazy of him to not want to do that, regardless of how awesome anyone thinks Wii U and its library is. Its not impossible he just doesnt think it has games he wants. Weird but not impossible.

OT youre really grasping OP

Around the Network
Jim6860 said:
I know it got rave reviews, even better than the first one. I wish it had been released on the Xbox. Bayonetta is my favorite action game of all time, despite how silly and disjointed the story was. Having said that, and as much as I would love to get Bayo2, no game for me is worth having to buy a console for it. I just do not care for Nintendo and haven't since the N64.

I agree with you on this one, I wouldnt buy a console for a single game either. Luckily for me there's a lot of franchises that do it for me on the Wii U that still made Bayonetta 2 worth the buy even though It's not even in my top 10 for the Wii U :P

I do have the same issue as you have on the PS4 and Xbox One, I wanna play Uncharted 4 so so bad but at the moment it doesnt justify buying a console for hundreds of box. Same goes for the Xbox and Volgarr the Viking  Hoping that there comes more games to the Wii U for your liking so that you can enjoy Bayonetta 2 and a few more games for me on the other consoles =)

Did it sell poorly compared to Bayo?
Depends on how and where you compare.
Japan? Definitely, though there could be decent digital sales.
Europe and US?
Compared to a single platform, it's doing quite alright. If you take 360 and PS3 together,then Bayo 2 is somehow disapointing.

As for making money or not, that depends on some factors. There's development and marketing budget, on what price you make your sales...
Bayo got a price cut pretty early at least in europe, so it's sales where on a budget basis for the most. I don't see that for the sequel given Nintendos pricing.
Dev and marketing: If that was low enough, Bayo 2 could already be making a small profit. At least in germany there wasn't big tv adds, though i don't know abeout US or UK etc., so the marketing budget could be pretty low. Then theres development budget and i really have no clue about that.

So, is Bayo 2 making money right now? Probably not, but it actually could in theory.
Will it be a loss in the long run? Depends on sales and pricing.

Bayonetta 2? A success? Yeah.......... no.. The game looks awesome and I will definitely get it soon, but it's in no way, shape or form a success! :/

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

The sales wasn't a big success. The guy is talking about how happy he was with the way the game was received by the people who bought it.

Around the Network
think-man said:
I dunno, didn't it sell poorly compared to the first one?

First one sold pretty averagely then legged it out in the bargain bin (which it hit quite quickly). It's hard to judge really as Bayo 1 has the numbers at the moment but a lot were sold at minimal profit whereas 2 will likely stay at full price for most of it's lifetime.

I hate all the hiding and bad wording. They need to show the numbers. If it made its cost back, it's a success. If it didn't than it's not. It could of been cheaper to make than Bayo1. Dealing with the PS3 arcitecture could of wasted money. And since it's a seqel, the design time is cut in half. Since they do reuse things. That would save some money. But if this is just success emotionally. Than it still didn't do good in the pratical sense.

It sold about 40K in the week ending November 29th. That's an ok number at least

Weedlab said:
Clyde32 said:

I asked what you would consider a commercial success for the game.

No, you did not. You mean you meant to ask that - which is fine. You asked what is success. Clearly a much broader question. Now you're asking something much more defined ....

He asked what is success in the context of this game. Your ability to read context clues is awful and it's pretty sad you feel the need to correct someone based off your own self righteousness. It isn't a broad question in this context. You only chose to make it broad to appear "intelligent".

AZWification said:

Bayonetta 2? A success? Yeah.......... no.. The game looks awesome and I will definitely get it soon, but it's in no way, shape or form a success! :/

You cannot say that. If platinum comes out and said the game made a profit it is a success. Sales =/= Success. Someone could make an indie game on a budget of say 10k and only need to sell a little over 1200 to make profit. Bayonetta obviously had a much larger budget, but Bayonetta could still be in a profit. We have no idea where the budget was.

400K sales for a third party niche Japanese game that is very violent on the Wii U only a few months after release? Yes, that's a success, now it just needs decent legs.

I wish Nintendo funded third party studios to make games like Sly Cooper instead though. Fits the demographic more.