By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I'm selling out!!!

Tagged games:

I'm selling out.

Good riddance. 4 5.33%

Never come back. 3 4.00%

What's a Vita? 11 14.67%

Don't do it! 24 32.00%

Probably for the best. 19 25.33%

I'm interested in that modded xbox. 6 8.00%

That's 2 minutes I'll never get back. 8 10.67%

Total:75

Literally. I've enjoyed gaming all my life but it has come to a point where, not only money is tight, but the constant temptation of distraction is affecting my life. With a new challenging career of self employement, time has never been so valuable to me. Letting go of my consoles is not easy. I admit gaming has been my escape from reality since I was 10. It was at that age my parents went through a choppy divorce and I switched schools only to find how cruel and abusive children can be sometimes. During those troubling years I attached myself to gaming and have not strayed too far from it since. But life tends not to take things easy often.

Just recently I went through my own divorce, spurred on from the mental ailments of my spouse. Despite my best attempts, it was out of my control. Gaming has never seemed like such an attractive alternative. It is what I used to cope in the past and what I fear will keep me from acheiving more in life. If I can't hold myself from escaping my responsibilities through self control and rationing, I need to eliminate it from my life. Temporarilly, until things are secure and stabilized.

So I've began a half hearted process to sell all of my gaming possessions. My PS4, PS3, PS2, N64, games, controllers, etc are being placed on ebay. My Vita to a friend. Still not sure how to sell a modded original xbox. Can I even sell that on ebay with its burned titles and emulators?

I don't know. I'm finding this a lot harder to do and never realized how emotionally attached I am to these things. I'm sure I'm not alone.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Around the Network

I know deeply how you feel. My 360 holds a special meaning to me because my fathers bought it for me during Christmas in a time where we literally didn't have any money to spare, let alone purchasing a console. But they went through all the hassle to get me one which brought me hours and hours of joyness during the darkest ages.

Hearing you have to put all those consoles in Ebay...it's heart-shattering.

I wish you a speedy recovery from all your woes. Hopefully you can get back up on your feet and be successful. If getting rid of your videogames will help you accomplish it, do it, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Wright said:

I know deeply how you feel. My 360 holds a special meaning to me because my fathers bought it for me during Christmas in a time where we literally didn't have any money to spare, let alone purchasing a console. But they went through all the hassle to get me one which brought me hours and hours of joyness during the darkest ages.

Hearing you have to put all those consoles in Ebay...it's heart-shattering.

Yeah, it's silly sometimes to think how attached you can get to things. Gaming especially, since it's not just an object, but a portal to almost countless experiences. I received a PlayStation with Final Fantasy 7 the first time I saw my father after my mother abruptly moved me and my brothers out of the house to the next town. FF7 has huge importance to me too, it was practically a switch that transformed me from reading books to concentrating on story driven games.

Going through this process isn't something I've just started, it has been a build up of weeks, if not months. Just listing some of this stuff has taken me a week to post it.

Chark said:

Yeah, it silly sometimes to think how attached you can get to things. Gaming especially, since it's not just an object, but a portal to almost countless experiences. I received a PlayStation with Final Fantasy 7 the first time I saw my father after my mother abruptly moved me and my brothers out of the house to the next town. FF7 has huge importance to me too, it was practically a switch that transformed me from reading books to concentrating on story driven games.

Going through this process isn't something I've just started, it has been a build up of weeks, if not months. Just listing some of this stuff has taken me a week to post it.

Well, all I can do is wish you for a brighter life if this helps accomplishing it. Whatever you do, it's something you can always go back to in the future, so the doors are never closed forever :)

Around the Network

If you're self employed then you might never have time for gaming again.

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

That really sucks for you.

I did something similar back in the 80's when I went off to join the military. I sold all of my things and consoles. I also sold my 65 mustang. I knew I was going to be traveling with what I could be carrying for the next 5 years.

Oddly, about 3 years later I learned that many of the things that I had discarded were now being repurchased(with the exception of the Mustang). Over the last 20 years since I got out of the service, I have been married and have 4 children. What I have learned is to balance things where gaming is always second to pretty much everything.

Even though you now think that you can't move on without your gaming, you will more than likely learn to put gaming on the bottom of the list as these other things fill that void you are creating.

Do it, get rid of it all. Later, when it fits into your life again, you will make gaming a part of it.

It is near the end of the end....

you'll be back, they always come back...

That really sucks,I couldnt sell my stuff like that D:

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

MoHasanie said:
If you're self employed then you might never have time for gaming again.

Not true. The self employed portion is also temporary. Proper planning will lead to business ownership, where my offices operate themselves, and ultimetly I can survive off investment income alone. If I was looking at being self employed and spending every dime I made, then yeah it wouldn't end, but I know better.