By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I'm selling out!!!

Tagged games:

I'm selling out.

Good riddance. 4 5.33%

Never come back. 3 4.00%

What's a Vita? 11 14.67%

Don't do it! 24 32.00%

Probably for the best. 19 25.33%

I'm interested in that modded xbox. 6 8.00%

That's 2 minutes I'll never get back. 8 10.67%

Total:75

dude.. just put them in your closet or something

Around the Network

Congrats on being self employed. :)

It maybe rude to ask but why do you need to sell your belongings, OP ? (You don't have to answer this if you don't want to, however I am interested in the reason.)

*raises a glass of beer*

to chark, as long as you have the memories its gonna be fine.. Its gonna be fine

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

you will regret it

Around the Network
Landguy said:
That really sucks for you.

I did something similar back in the 80's when I went off to join the military. I sold all of my things and consoles. I also sold my 65 mustang. I knew I was going to be traveling with what I could be carrying for the next 5 years.

Oddly, about 3 years later I learned that many of the things that I had discarded were now being repurchased(with the exception of the Mustang). Over the last 20 years since I got out of the service, I have been married and have 4 children. What I have learned is to balance things where gaming is always second to pretty much everything.

Even though you now think that you can't move on without your gaming, you will more than likely learn to put gaming on the bottom of the list as these other things fill that void you are creating.

Do it, get rid of it all. Later, when it fits into your life again, you will make gaming a part of it.

True story! Was a sega owner, then play stion and now have my wii U.  I sold my PS3 and I gave it all up . Years later when my wife brought me to bestbuy to get me a ps4 and I had her buy a Wii U so we could play local multiplayer,  and include our daughter too, that's when I knew I was ready to be a gamer again. 

I always had a massive addiction to pc strategy games since civ 2. Nowadays I get to play my real games on the pc sometimes. Giving up your games to live the life you want is worth it, because when you get that life, the little time you get to play, will be 1000 times better.

RubberWhistleHistle said:
dude.. just put them in your closet or something

He won't be playing them and it will be gen 10 by the time he has time to and these will be worth nothing by then. 

fatslob-:O said:
It maybe rude to ask but why do you need to sell your belongings, OP ? (You don't have to answer this if you don't want to, however I am interested in the reason.)

As I said in my opening statement, money is tight. Fluctuating income, slow start building momentum, divorce recking havok on my finances. Being self employed, building a business, takes a lot of time on the front end. That and it needs steady focus, at a certain pace. Gaming throws a wrench into that for me, quite often. Best I get rid of it and get something for it while I'm at it. I could just store it, lend it to someone, but that wouldn't be as out of arms length.

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Best of luck on your next adventure pal. I sometimes wish i didnt have the games, the internet, other stuff that has really caused me to waste so much of my time. Eventually i will learn to better balance things.

EVERY GAMERS WORST NIGHTMARE...THE TANGLING CABLES MONSTER!

Coffee is for closers!

Chark said:

As I said in my opening statement, money is tight. Fluctuating income, slow start building momentum, divorce recking havok on my finances. Being self employed, building a business, takes a lot of time on the front end. That and it needs steady focus, at a certain pace. Gaming throws a wrench into that for me, quite often. Best I get rid of it and get something for it while I'm at it. I could just store it, lend it to someone, but that wouldn't be as out of arms length.

Ah, your facing financial issues ...

Then it probably is the best route to sell your assets. Money is more important to life than games are ...