By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I'm selling out!!!

Tagged games:

I'm selling out.

Good riddance. 4 5.33%

Never come back. 3 4.00%

What's a Vita? 11 14.67%

Don't do it! 24 32.00%

Probably for the best. 19 25.33%

I'm interested in that modded xbox. 6 8.00%

That's 2 minutes I'll never get back. 8 10.67%

Total:75

Just hang on to the stuff. I got divorced ex wife left me with an air mattress a TV and my video game systems. She also hooked me up with about 15K in credit card debt.
The only thing I could afford to do after work was play video games. I borrowed games alot, or bought them on clearance. Video games are a good escape when reality is constantly punching you in the crotch.

I was fortunate enough to get out of debt pretty quick, being in the Military, and making a tax free income everytime I went to the middle east helped me out big.

Just keep the system that has the most games you like to play on out, and put the rest away. those things get harder to find as the years go by.

Good luck, you will survive this.

Around the Network
Voltaris said:
you'll be back, they always come back...

This is true. 

I "sold out" a billion times before. the trick is to never be obsessive.  Gaming is like sex. You should not cheap out and hire a whore and get obsessed, you slowly build a relationship with it without letting it consume you. Also you should fuck your favourite games and ignore the ones you will never sleep with but just buy for that lie that you'll eventually "play" them. Do not waste your energy on cheap and uninteresting sex. You'll feel broken and lose a lot of money. It will destroy you. No games to play? Fine try reading books! No books to read? Try learning a language! Not interested?  Learn history, watch movies, watch documentaries, learn an insrrument... Etc there is way too much things you can do to waste times on that aren't games.  

By the way social life is way overrated. Do not let that consume you either, just do whatever makes you happy and stick with it until you're bored without letting it destroy you. (so stop eating you fatass)

I think you should keep one  video game you hold dear (not any consoles) as a reminder of your gaming life. This way you won't regret selling all the games you truly love in the past and have something to reflect on. You'll also realize which video game was truly your favorite.

I know video games were distracting and harmful for you but they aren't so bad that you have to sell every single one. It's not like your quitting to smoke. Although the goal in selling your games is the same as quitting drugs (fighting off an addiction to improve your lifestyle), that's the only thing they share. What you're really trying to do is getting rid of one from of distraction in your life to regain more self control in the future. It's very possible that video games are the main problem for you and selling all of your games will improve your lifestyle. But when you're gotten more self-control in the future, you might regret selling your favorite video game and go through a great hassle in rebuying it along with your other video games to relive your nostaglic memory. If you decide to only keep one, you won't feel quite as desperate because that video game you chose to hold on represents your joyful and sad memories from video games. There won't be any need to repurchase all of the other games and consoles you sold because you've still got your favorite video game that represented your past great gaming moments. And if you decide that you can go back into gaming without losing your self control, you can focus your money on the newer games instead of buying your old games again just for the nostalgia.

And if you're afraid that keeping your favorite video game will tempt you to go back into gaming when you're trying to quit, then give that game to someone you can trust. I'm sure if you explain to them what you're going through and why  you still want to keep one game, they will understand and help you out.

The newer valuable stuff id sell as they will sell quicker and can be replaced easier.

Put the older stuff in storage for "what if". Shipping isint cheap on consoles and with a lot of older stuff its almost easier to keep.

As far as modded stuff no you can't legally sell on ebay but you can beat around the bush enough to avoid having it removed.

I know what you feel and I understand you.

Around the Network
Chark said:
MoHasanie said:
If you're self employed then you might never have time for gaming again.

Not true. The self employed portion is also temporary. Proper planning will lead to business ownership, where my offices operate themselves, and ultimetly I can survive off investment income alone. If I was looking at being self employed and spending every dime I made, then yeah it wouldn't end, but I know better.

That's if you become very succesful. I mean I'm not saying you won't be, but it takes years of hard work to reach that level of success where you have other people doing the work for you. 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Change is always hard. Sometimes we have to let go and move forward.

Good Luck!

MoHasanie said:
Chark said:
MoHasanie said:
If you're self employed then you might never have time for gaming again.

Not true. The self employed portion is also temporary. Proper planning will lead to business ownership, where my offices operate themselves, and ultimetly I can survive off investment income alone. If I was looking at being self employed and spending every dime I made, then yeah it wouldn't end, but I know better.

That's if you become very succesful. I mean I'm not saying you won't be, but it takes years of hard work to reach that level of success where you have other people doing the work for you. 

Well yeah, that's the goal. First step, run my own office. Next open a few more. After that just maintain them enough to exit the industry. I've seen it unfold for the people around me. It does take time, but comparing that to what a college education has afforded me(20-26k/yr), it's worth the effort. The ones training me just opened their own office after 2 years, the one who trained them is approaching their 5th year(70-90k/yr), the one who trained them their 7th(150-250k/yr).

Before the PS3 everyone was nice to me :(

Chark said:

Well yeah, that's the goal. First step, run my own office. Next open a few more. After that just maintain them enough to exit the industry. I've seen it unfold for the people around me. It does take time, but comparing that to what a college education has afforded me(20-26k/yr), it's worth the effort. The ones training me just opened their own office after 2 years, the one who trained them is approaching their 5th year(70-90k/yr), the one who trained them their 7th(150-250k/yr).

Wow, sounds like a great career. Good luck! 

NNID: FrequentFlyer54

Well I guess that also means youll stop coming here, so good luck and good bye.