By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Ka-pi96 said:
impertinence said:
Ka-pi96 said:
IMO the greatest innovation that Nintendo could possibly do would be..... Nintendo games on PlayStation/Xbox consoles.

I'm not 100% sure you know what 'innovation' means ...

Do something new that hasn't been done before... right?

Nobody ever tried to make games for Playstation/Xbox consoles?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
impertinence said:
Ka-pi96 said:
impertinence said:

I'm not 100% sure you know what 'innovation' means ...

Do something new that hasn't been done before... right?

Well, that's not a very accurate description but ok. So it is your stance that publishing software on another company's hardware has never been done before?

Nintendo publishing games on PlayStation/Xbox has certainly never been done before.

So if I make a new game company - let's say 'Awesome' - and release a game on PS4, it is automatically innovative, because nobody ever published awesome games on PS4 before?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

Ka-pi96 said:
Mnementh said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Nintendo publishing games on PlayStation/Xbox has certainly never been done before.

So if I make a new game company - let's say 'Awesome' - and release a game on PS4, it is automatically innovative, because nobody ever published awesome games on PS4 before?

Not quite the same. PS4 has already got indie games (too many of 'em really), it hasn't got Nintendo games though.

It wouldn't really be innovative in a global sense, but it would be for Nintendo as an individual company.

Was PS Move innovative then? What about hdmi in the PS3? Or 1080p games on the PS4? By that logic, just about anything that is newly done is innovative. Most people don't use the word in that way. Innovation usually applies to industry standards. Nintendo becoming a third party publisher when there are already a plethora of them is not innovative. 

Only PROFITS matter so they should stick to amiibo and portable and dump console because only PROFITS matter

marioboy2004 said:
Only PROFITS matter so they should stick to amiibo and portable and dump console because only PROFITS matter

There is no reason to believe the Wii U won't make a net profit, and even then there is no reason to believe that its successor won't. Then the question is, "does the profit exceed the opportunity cost?" and if Nintendo already planned to make amiibos and a handheld regardless, it is safe to assume, yes. 

Around the Network
RenCutypoison said:
Just got my PS4 so what Nintendo needs right now imo is more comfort for players.

PS4 is considered the least innovative console for a lot of good reasons, but features smooth OS interface while playing, playing the game without downloading it totally, installing games while playing etc adds a comfort to the player experience I couldn't without anymore. These are innovative features in a way.

If you dont like digital games (I dont like them)

and

if your console actually has a good bluray drive (unlike PS3 which had bad read speed) you dont need to install the games at all to play them.

So I dont care if I have to completely download a game to play it (since I dont play digital console games) and the Wiiu bluray drive is fast enough. (could be more silent tho)

Confortable would be to play retail physical games without disk and then once 2 weeks or so pass you have to reinsert it to confirm you actually own it.  (digital kinda solves this yes but I dont own digital games like I own physical ones. Shutdown the service and I cant play them. I cant borrow games or lend them to friends and I cant resell them. And I cannot have a collection I can look at or show to friends etc)

Ka-pi96 said:
IMO the greatest innovation that Nintendo could possibly do would be..... Nintendo games on PlayStation/Xbox consoles.

The biggest innovation Nintendo could possibly do would be to open a school and teach other developers how to make completed games that work that dont drop to unplayable sub 20 FPS and remind devs that the most important thing to focus in game development is gameplay NOT visuals.

Ka-pi96 said:
Mnementh said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Not quite the same. PS4 has already got indie games (too many of 'em really), it hasn't got Nintendo games though.

It wouldn't really be innovative in a global sense, but it would be for Nintendo as an individual company.

It has got EA games though. If you put all Indies in one category, you have to put also all AAA-publishers in one. So Nintendo releasing games on PS4 would not be innovative, as EA already did that.

Ka-pi96 said:

^It would be amazing.  I'm not gonna buy a sub-par console to play 2 great Nintendo games a year.   

However I would LOVE to buy two great Nintendo games on an EXCELLENT console EVERY year.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

JazzB1987 said:
RenCutypoison said:
Just got my PS4 so what Nintendo needs right now imo is more comfort for players.

PS4 is considered the least innovative console for a lot of good reasons, but features smooth OS interface while playing, playing the game without downloading it totally, installing games while playing etc adds a comfort to the player experience I couldn't without anymore. These are innovative features in a way.

If you dont like digital games (I dont like them)

and

if your console actually has a good bluray drive (unlike PS3 which had bad read speed) you dont need to install the games at all to play them.

Not at all true.  The only reason last-gen consoles could get away with a the paultry 12 MB/s drives is that they were too weak to need any faster streaming.  However modern HDD's stream at 50-150 MB/s and have WAY less latency.  This is the standard going forward for any modern looking game with big textures.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Ka-pi96 said:
cfin2987@gmail.com said:
Ka-pi96 said:

No, this would be the greatest thing for playstation and xbox fans, not Nintendo fans.

There are more PS/Xbox fans though...

And most are closet Nintendo fans by the sounds of it.