By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
se7en7thre3 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
IMO the greatest innovation that Nintendo could possibly do would be..... Nintendo games on PlayStation/Xbox consoles.

As far as partnerships, I don't see that happening but my personal wish would be a Ninty & Valve collaboration.  Valve obviously wants grow and Ninty needs help in the western market, so they'd have to iron out the details but again another unlikely scenario.

If valve and Nintendo were to do something with Valve, I dont think it would go over well cause working with Valve would likely mean an all digital console. We saw how well that worked for MS.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
sc94597 said:
marioboy2004 said:
Only PROFITS matter so they should stick to amiibo and portable and dump console because only PROFITS matter

There is no reason to believe the Wii U won't make a net profit, and even then there is no reason to believe that its successor won't. Then the question is, "does the profit exceed the opportunity cost?" and if Nintendo already planned to make amiibos and a handheld regardless, it is safe to assume, yes.

There is also software profits to take into account though. If Nintendo went handheld only then all their software would be on handheld and based on Smash Bros it may well sell better there than on console. I'd expect handheld development costs to be lower so that with potentially more sales is quite a bit of potential profit.

Although, regardless I wouldn't be surprised if that original post you quoted was just a joke post...

That is an opportunity  cost though. Nintendo could ONLY make games for the handheld in that case. Say Nintendo makes four mario games. One on the home console and three on the handheld. They can no longer make four mario games that sell at their maximum, because of brand saturation. There would then only be three mario games. That is then a loss of an entry in a guaranteed profit-making series. Instead, Nintendo would have to invest in a different series that hasn't proven itself or release games on even more expensive consoles with vastly more costs involved (because they are a third party developer.) There is no guarantee that their games would sell well on those other consoles anyway, while with a Nintendo console there is an absolute guarantee that the fans will buy the console because they are by nature Nintendo fans. There is just no reason for Nintendo to stop participating in the console business. Not until the potential opportunity cost exceeds the profit, and that just won't happen in the foreseeable future. 

Ka-pi96 said:
IMO the greatest innovation that Nintendo could possibly do would be..... Nintendo games on PlayStation/Xbox consoles.

Considering their financial situations, it's far more likely that Nintendo would buy SONYs gaming division than Nintendo willing to release their games on other consoles

Eddie_Raja said:
Ka-pi96 said:

^It would be amazing.  I'm not gonna buy a sub-par console to play 2 great Nintendo games a year.   

However I would LOVE to buy two great Nintendo games on an EXCELLENT console EVERY year.

This is the exact reason I think Sony should release their games on Nintendo's consoles.  I just don't want to blow $400 on a console that will only have a few exclusives that I actually want to play.  

If they could get the adult audience, children, and casuals (kinda like PS2) then it could become the best selling console ever. The Wii still amazes me how Nintendo singlehandedly (other than Just Dance) sold 101m Wii's with their games. Truly powerful beyond belief when they play their cards right

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

Around the Network
marley said:
Eddie_Raja said:
Ka-pi96 said:

^It would be amazing.  I'm not gonna buy a sub-par console to play 2 great Nintendo games a year.   

However I would LOVE to buy two great Nintendo games on an EXCELLENT console EVERY year.

This is the exact reason I think Sony should release their games on Nintendo's consoles.  I just don't want to blow $400 on a console that will only have a few exclusives that I actually want to play.  

Yeayea. And i don't wanna blow a few hundred euro on a console that has absolutely no appeal, with anachronistic technical limitations. Mario, Zelda, Mario, Mario, Zelda... no thanks. Got boring with the SNES.

Hunting Season is done...

marley said:
Eddie_Raja said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Yes, I've recently decided to not get a ps4 this gen. This, and the fact a new high-end laptop (Which I'll probably get earily next year) will render the underpowered ps4 obsolet for all but exclusives.

Honestly, it would have been nice to get a lot of qualty ports on my Wii U, but next year I'll only really want consoles for exlusives and Nintendo's the only one I care about as a result.

Of course the PS4 and xbox one will have great exclusives, but many will be fps and genres that I'm already well cateered for on PC. When it cames to local multiplayer (Which is one of the key advantaged of consoles to my mind) Nintendo is the only system that seems has that as a focus.

inovation...
very difficult to include something new that can work.
foldable screen maybe? but i think wont work. The gameplay would come back a combination of motion controls and second screen looking...
Some are betting on ubiquotous think, that integrate other devices and imerse than with gaming( nintendo is going on this in little steps:amiibo, wi fit meter, nintendo zone...)but the tradictional gaming fans wont care for it.
The fusion idea is the safest bet.

What i would like?
-A pro controler that can be divided in 2 (right and left hand), and launch infrared to screen, just for pointing things on screen(not more motion than than). I found it very usefull and has lots of aplications on gaming and increase the gameplay possibilities.
-Enough power for running PS5 XB2 multiplats(what i think is not much more than PS4, i mean, PS3 to PS4, the memory increased 16 times, if they icrease 16x, the PS5 memory would be 128Gb, i think PS5 wont do a step this larger... 32 gb, gpu with 8-10 teraflops is what i see for ps5, half of that seems ok).
-Same OS as the handheld, same eshop, VC and indie games, croosbuy/play, but each system has its own new exclusive games.
-Games attached to account.
-Integration between handheld and home consoles, where you can play the handheld games on the big screen.
-Full retrocompatibility. (maybe needing home and handheld to simulate wii U gamepad for wii U games..)
-Keep nintendo magic on its games.

Only this and im sold.

Ka-pi96 said:

Wouldn't work. The identity of Nintendo would be at constant odds with the identities, expectations and ecosystems of other platforms. The games would innevitably change, and I'd hate to see that happen. 

marley said:
Eddie_Raja said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Yeah but Sony's games are too strong for the Wii U so...

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]