By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 At its current state is the worst console I've ever owned

So you don't like the games on PS4... Doesn't make the PS4 an awful console. Not sure why you bought it if you'd already decided all the games were terrible

I'm really enjoying Unity at the moment, I'm looking forward to playing Far Cry and Drive Club after that

Around the Network

This has to be a joke, right?^^

There can't be anyone who complains about things like this seriously.

Basically it's all about 'I can't find things on my console, so the console sucks!'

(Z->)90°-(E-N²W)90°t=1

Yikes... This thread didn't end well at all..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Haha, good to know. Why not sell it? You may as well buy it in 5 years or more (there are people that buy their consoles at the end of the cycle for example)

I just ordered mine, should be getting it today. I havent even tried it but with the current and upcoming library i already have no regrets. My PC, WiiU and PS4 combo is about to be complete XD

Around the Network

I think your PS4 needs a better owner, no offense but that's what I think. Buying a PS4 to play PS1 games doesn't make any sense. Saying certain games suck just because you think they are generic in your opinion is certainly not a good rant reason too because if you actually have a PS4 then you know what you expect the library will be like.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...

If you are not playing the GOTY, Dragon Age: Inqusition, why are you bothering? :P

Honestly, if you buy a console early expect it to be, well, lackluster to a degree. The PS2 didn't have the luxury of updates and an online shop, you got what you were given yet that still sold out. Even Xbox 360 and Xbone will change and adapt overtime. The only reason to not move to next gen is because you are not a passionate gamer (like I thought we all were being here) or you can't afford it. There are more than enough good games on these consoles already, with main series entries from Nintendo, Sony and MS on each of their consoles and great 3rd party line up so far.

Why not try something different? try Lego Marvel or Lego Batman 3, I'm sure you'll have loads of fun.

Hmm, pie.

PullusPardus said:

But why are installed games showing in the front page? You have to cycle through all the installations to find downloaded games?  Why not make it like on PS3 where install data is hidden and games are neatly categorized. 

This is the same issue for vita if you have that as well you have a lot of icons that are game installs. You click on them and it says "insert cartridge "

For download history I'm talking like how it is on ps3 you find a long list of purchase history and download any of them. I might had "purchased" a ps4 game in the past for free in hope that I might download them when I get it. But I can't find that menu and I saved ps plus for that reason.

Ok I think I finally get what you mean by "install data" as a matter of fact those icons on the front page are not install files. They are the game. So if you select a game on the front page and press x it will start the game. Not install it again (See pic. 2 point 4). You can also start your games from the library. The difference between the front page and the library is that on the front page you can limit how many games are being diplayed while in the library all will be visible.
In the Library all your purchases and downloads are stored as well. So you can redownload your games there

Here some general pics to explain the system a little bit

1: The playstation store. This is one way to acces all your purchases. Wether you downloaded them or not
2: If you downloaded a Game it will also show up here. Along with update files and invatations / other stuff
3: Settings. Here you can change your system setting like how many games are being displayed on the homescreen

4: This is the latest game (either the game you last played or the game you last installed). Cause theres a high chance you´ll want to play the game you last played again / you´ll want to play the game you just installed. Think of it like a "last modified date" ordering system
Notice how there is a disc next to start? that means this game is not a download but a disc based install. Those need the disc to verify/start the game
Downloaded games do not need a disc (duh you don´t have one after all) and thus won´t show that disc icon
5: The 2nd latest game you played/installed

And 2 videos that´ll explain it better
Long version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaLE6YbD6xo
Short version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1StkG_tuYI

I hope this was helpful.
Best

itsFizz

Yup...RO friggin rocked  

Harr harr, but the PS4's menu is pretty terrible. I miss the XMB.

I dont agree with your opinion and I would recommend a ps4 to anyone who loves to play video games. I definatly dont agree with the wiiu interface, I dont like it at all.