By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 At its current state is the worst console I've ever owned

SuperShrooms said:
DonFerrari said:
SuperShrooms said:

Well obviously I've played it enough to have a solid opinion on it. I don't need to explain why the console is such a disappointment to me and if I was to explain where would I begin? The PS4 is completely overrated.  I'm not saying its a piece of crap but it's not as good as what some people seem to think it is.

Your score card screams you haven't played much at all... unless you think playing a little of 5 games is enough to give a solid opinion of the console.

Overrated in what? The only thing pleope praise it was for good price and stronger HW than X1 and WiiU, is any of that a lie?

I don't need to have lots of trophies and play terrible exclusives like Driveclub and Knack to have a greater understanding of what the console is like and what it is capable of. The amount of playtime I've put into the console is so little because I just don't enjoy it that much. That tells me enough and yes I do think that owning the console since March last year and playing a handful of games is plenty to have a solid opinion on a console. Why wouldn't it be? What difference does it  make if i played 15 games or 5 games?  None.

Its overrated as in people talk about it like it's a lot more powerful than it actually is. The PS4 and Xbox One are practically the same. I just prefer to play my games on Xbox One. Finally a game comes out that I want to play on my PS4 (LBP3) and it doesn't even work. I don't just talk crap about the PS4 for no reason. I just don't think it's as good  as people make it out to be and i don't find it to be as good as the Xbox One from my own personal experience. That said I don't think it's a bad console. I just disagree that it's the almighty god of consoles that some people seem to think it is.

Yes I do think having played 5 games isn't close to having a solid experience on the system. About DC being garbage, that is far from true, it may not be your cup of tea, but it's good.

And if you bought a console you consider so bad I fell bad for you, perhaps should have researched more or sell it.

To finish, haven't seem much people say how the console is goodly. Just that its gpu is 50% stronger (which is a fact) and how several games display a gap in graphics (in some cases double pixel count and smoothier fps)... But please link us to all those people claims that ps4 is goodly (I would say the number isn't much greater than the people who think the same of X1 or WiiU).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."