By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 At its current state is the worst console I've ever owned

I like chipmunks riding unicorns while fighting Thanos!! :D

^^^^^ Exactly this doesn't make any freaking sense like this thread lol

Around the Network
riderz13371 said:
PullusPardus said:

I got a ps4 and hardware wise it is lovely. It's whisper silent and the design looks great except that I didn't know where the power button is. 

It is..  However the worst console I've ever had (I don't have an Xbox one at the moment. But I have a wiiu and love it) 

It's not about the mandatory update since wiiu also had a SUPER long update and it was stupid. The ps4 one is super fast, I have the destiny edition (doubt I'll play the game but I bought it because it looked nice) 

The menu is pretty stupid. It's not something I'd see on a console. The games you played on disk for some reason stay at the start menu the vita has this same issue. You don't know if it's an install data or a downloadable game.

Where is the "play while it downloads" feature?  I wanted to play any game at all but I was just looking at downloads the whole time aside from playing driveclub (which is crap by the way) I have singstar downloaded it's the same thing as the ps3 app which is nice.

And then i realized something.... WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE Ps1 GAMES?!? WHERE THE FUCK IS THE "DOWNLOAD HISTORY" thing? I wanted to download suikoden and I wanted to see where all my stuff are. There isnt any so I'm just stuck playing generic overpriced shit like far cry and just wait for bloodborne to release. It is honestly the worst console I ever bought and I bought the freaking 3DO at least that one had road rush and need for speed.

I know i'm supposed to play ps4 games on ps4 but jeez it seems they released the consoles way too early and were just playing the waiting game. Everything seems to be unpolished, generic and extremely overpriced. And you can't even play your past games. no! you'd better use Playstation Now! (which is a huge scam at its current state.) 

Honestly if you're on the edge of buying a PS4, forget it. Wait about three years at least from now. The PS4 is horrible at the moment. Not even bloodborne is going to be worth buying this console.

Take a step back. Breathe in. Breathe out.

With all the complaining and moaning he does around here, I think it's time for him to stop gaming altogether.

Play as you download:

Check store for total size. About 30 seconds af download begins that size is cut down to a fraction enabling you to startplaying with only that part installed. Example: cod AW downloads in sections of levels. While you play mission 1 it continues to download mission 2... It all happens in the back ground.

Download history: has changed to library. It is locared on the far right on the bar you select games from. It can also be found in the front page on the store.

Ps1 games: isnt there. You can however stream ps3 games using ps now cloud service.

In my opinion you are severely overracting

Mystro-Sama said:
Am I the only one who is crazy about old games?

I like old game.  Glad that Suikoden 2 is finally on the PSN will probably buy it by the end of the month since I missed out on it on the PS1.

PullusPardus said:
ktay95 said:

You don't know if it's an install data or a downloadable game.
I pressume you mean you cant tell if the game is downloaded or installed and needs the disc? But you can, there is a disc symbol next to where it says start. Its even transperent when the disc isnt in the console.

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE "DOWNLOAD HISTORY" thing?
Go all the way right to library. Anything with a disc symbol is obviously installed via disc, no symbol is currently downloaded on your system, a down arrow can redownloaded and isnt currently on the system and a lock arrow is PS+ content that you downloaded but are curretnly locked out of because your sub ran out =( Need to resub

But why are installed games showing in the front page? You have to cycle through all the installations to find downloaded games?  Why not make it like on PS3 where install data is hidden and games are neatly categorized. 

This is the same issue for vita if you have that as well you have a lot of icons that are game installs. You click on them and it says "insert cartridge "

For download history I'm talking like how it is on ps3 you find a long list of purchase history and download any of them. I might had "purchased" a ps4 game in the past for free in hope that I might download them when I get it. But I can't find that menu and I saved ps plus for that reason.

for the ps3 you had to go the playstation store.

same with the ps4.

when you start the system the playsation store is at the top left. once in it scroll down to the 3rd item from the bottom called library click on that and then click on the sub option you want or leave it on all and sort it how you want to, from the option of install date (the only way you could view it on ps3) name a-z, name z-a, or recently used

Around the Network
PullusPardus said:
Mystro-Sama said:
Am I the only one who is crazy about old games?

My current game of the year is suikoden and I'm playing tales of xillia games a lot and loving them.

I'm excited to play yakuza 5 the most out of everything announced recently so no I'm with you. 

Currently playing Tales of Xillia 2 also and will more then likely get Suikoden 2 by the end of the month.

vivster said:
Don't forget it lost November NPD. Who wants to have a loser at home?

Just plain awful all around.

LOL, man must u always nail it?

Add me if u want :)

Yikes. Did you by any chance do any research before buying it? It's not like you couldn't just look up what games were out/coming.

Oh, and I agree with the people saying you might want to lay off gaming for a while.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

You are either trolling or truly one of the dumbest people I have ever seen.

End of 2009 Predictions (Set, January 1st 2009)

Wii- 72 million   3rd Year Peak, better slate of releases

360- 37 million   Should trend down slightly after 3rd year peak

PS3- 29 million  Sales should pick up next year, 3rd year peak and price cut

If there's still no games you like or are interested in on the Playstation 4 or Xbox One, it might be a YOU problem at this point.