By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4 At its current state is the worst console I've ever owned

alrightiwill said:
Mnementh said:
docholliday said:
If you seriously aren't trolling then I feel bad for you. You complain about features that do in fact exist. And that you can't play ps1 games. So you bought a $400 console to play games you could literally already play the exact same version of? I'm gonna stick with it being nothing more than trolling because if not its a pretty stupid argument.

I don't understand why people constantly try to downplay the desire to play classics. The games aren't magically worse overnight, because they are old. They have become classics, because they are great games. And I love to replay great games. And I have to say, a lot of games today are missing these magic. Will I go back and play again Assassins Creed III? Or Splinter Cell? The only thing I will replay from Borderlands 2 is the excellent Tina Tina DLC, the rest is OK but not replay-worthy. There are exceptions - Demon's Souls is fun every time. But that's the point, if we replay old classics we replay the classics, and not the other stuff. So great games. If that is missing it not automatically a KO for a console, but an important point is missing. Virtual Console is a great thing about Nintendo-consoles and the complaint that WiiU so far haven't even the VC-games the Wii had is a real complaint.

Would it not make sense to buy a classic console though if you wanted to play classic video games? :p

I agree the VC has been the best feature of any of the consoles this gen and last gen. I wish Sony would introduce something like this. Call it PS Arcade, and allow you to download and play classic games from older consoles

It's more convenient with current console: less hassle to find the oldies, less money as you buy one instead of many, the connectors will probably not matching to your current TV and so on. Even if you have all set up, you have to switch around if you play the Genesis-game after the NES-game. It really is convenient to play the old games on your current console. Add to that, that not everyone played the classics back then. We europeans got just recently our first chance to play Earthbound through VC.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

I agree with you OP, and I'm serious. I feel for you, maybe next gen you will learn your lessons.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I agree. I sold off my PS4 about 2 months after launch because of the lack of compelling titles, and overall basic experience. It just doesn't feel "next-gen".

RolStoppable said:
deskpro2k3 said:
mods allow bait threads to exist now? what kind of bs is this?

To be fair, the mod team is obligated to allow this thread to keep going at least as long as your "Mario and friends" thread, both in length and silliness.

that wasn't a bait thread. people were just salty.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
LordLichtenstein said:
Okay

Are you sure it's okay?

Around the Network
Eddie_Raja said:
I just don't know what to say besides the OP is being ridiculous. LBP3, TLoU, GTAV, InFamous, Killzone, and all of the free PS+ games say hi. If none of those games listed, and none of the massive pile of third party games appeal to you...You just should quit gaming for a while.

I never thought I'd see this kind of arrogance in this day, you claim the OP is being ridiculous yet you just set up the "you play what I list or you quit" route, never have I see someone as blatantly arrogant as that, you leave the OP no option but to quit gaming, you leave others who don't see those listed as appealing to "quit gaming for a while" no option, do you not see how stupid and arrogant that is, does anyone have an option at all to what you said because if so you haven't made it clear and haven't listed at all.

I find that way of thinking extremely intolerant because it shows totalitarian behaviour, the type of people that must have it their way or no one else gets anything, you do not tell others to quit something just because they don't find what you like appealing, not even I would go so far as to make that bold statement because it;s completely arrogant and asinine.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

You should have read about the console to see if it would have the features you wanted before blowing $400. It seems you just came in with the odd assumption that that you would be able to play all your downloads on the PS4 which you obviously cant do. You couldn't do that with any other system before so I have no idea why you would just assume you could do that. Also why buy a console if you don't want any of its games. It's your fault for purchasing a console with no games you want to play.

Survivor Millennial vs Gen X!!

tinfamous12 said:
I agree. I sold off my PS4 about 2 months after launch because of the lack of compelling titles, and overall basic experience. It just doesn't feel "next-gen".

I kind of felt that way about my XB1.  It was mostly that I should have waited until about now to buy it.  There was just no enough games to play.  

As it turns out, I should have sold it and probably could have pick up a new one for less with the free games.

I am however plenty happy now though...

It is near the end of the end....

Someone old enough to by a 3DO is on a forum ranting about the PS4...

Need I say more?

Is this serious?