By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the XB1 go back to regular price after the Holiday?

Will it?

Yes 183 43.16%

NO 241 56.84%

Total:424

Intrinsic 6 hours ago
Nope, I have been saying this; once you see commercials saying "now starting at $349" the price drop is locked down. No company will ever advertise a product at a particular price then a few months later advertise the exact same thing at a higher price point.

Now is the key word,it sounds definitive and permanent,ive also seen an xone commercial say ''with a new price of'',wich also sounds definitive/permanent.... if it said ''with a special price of'' or ''with a holiday price of'' would sound like its for a limited time being.... i think 349 is the new standard price

Around the Network

Quite possible, but it would be a dumb move not to let the 349$ level be the new pricepoint. It seems it is the sweet spot for X1.

Teeqoz said:
Nuvendil said:
Their earnings report is already likely to be abysmal, 

Micrfosofts earnings report is the furthest away from abysmal you'll ever get. Even if they sell ten million consoles at a loss of hundred dollars (both figures are overdoing it a fucking lot) that will only decrease the profit by 1 billion, and Microsoft earns ~6 billion per quarter (three months).

OT: It would be suicide for XBO sales if they did.

I was referring to the Xbox division not the whole company of Microsoft.  What we see is MS made billions.  What investors see is the Xbox division is bleeding money.  Just because MS has money to burn doesn't mean they are interested in a bonfire.

Not if MS is smart.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Landguy said:

Will the XB1 go back to regular price after the Holiday?

I believe that Microsoft will announce that the XB1 had an INCREDIBLE holiday.  They will follow that with some type of statement saying that they are going to listen to what their customers are saying and that the price cut will be permanent.

So, they are going to leave it the same "for the customers".

What do you think?

I didn't believe them when they said it was a temp reduction in price. I think that was a lie to create a feeding frenzy. It's sort of like "limited edition" things. People freak out and buy stuff when they think said stuff won't be offered for very long.

Around the Network

No, xbox need the lower price and Microsoft can afford it. Who buy a Skoda for the price of BMW.

They brought the price back up with the 360 before after a temporary price cut, this is the same thing and yes Microsoft is screwed once the price goes back up.

Microsoft has painted themselves into quite a corner. On the one hand I doubt they would like to continue losing so much on each console sold but at the same time bringing the price back up to $400 is basically resigning the rest of the year to sony again. It's an interesting conundrum they have on their hands.

I personally can't see them raising the price back. Seeing as so far they have no big exclusives coming until QB in the fall they will need to remain competitive in some aspects to compete with the PS4 and price is about as competitive as you can get. While I do not think price is the biggest factor. For the holiday it was the price along with 1 or 2 free games. So I am interested in seeing how well it sell compared to the PS4 without the free games.

It would not be smart for them to raise price back to $399 because the sales would fall off a cliff...

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

yes its going back these are only holiday bundles, games that release during that period are bundled with them

my guess 399 with no games or 349 with no games

Play Me