By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the XB1 go back to regular price after the Holiday?

Will it?

Yes 183 43.16%

NO 241 56.84%

Total:424

Will the XB1 go back to regular price after the Holiday?

I believe that Microsoft will announce that the XB1 had an INCREDIBLE holiday.  They will follow that with some type of statement saying that they are going to listen to what their customers are saying and that the price cut will be permanent.

So, they are going to leave it the same "for the customers".

What do you think?

It is near the end of the end....

Around the Network

For now, MS have confirmed that after holidays the price will back 399$... the fans aren't a prof.

Wouldn't that be giving a big middle finger to everyone jumping on because of the limited time part? I don't think MS can afford to lose more public perception. They best jack it back up for a couple months at least.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

Briefly, there will likely be some kind of new bundle early spring then official pricecut

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

platformmaster918 said:
Wouldn't that be giving a big middle finger to everyone jumping on because of the limited time part? I don't think MS can afford to lose more public perception. They best jack it back up for a couple months at least.

I kind of doubt that people will take it as an insult that the price stays the same.  They could be upset if it dropped though.

Being a launch buyer, I am not upset that Titanfall was free a few months after launch and the system was selling for $50 off at the same time.  Now, look at the price! I only regret buying it so early and overpaying.  I don't blame Microsoft for dropping the price to a point of market adoption.

I am sure that there maybe be those few that actually care, but I would think that it would only be a few.

It is near the end of the end....

Around the Network

With relatively poor sales prior to the Christmas, Microsoft really had to think out of the box to help ensure that Christmas sales were unarguably favorable. Then, it would be business as usual at the start of 2015.

It shouldn't but it probably will. I don't understand why would unless they really don't looks operating losses... which no one does. But sales would fall through the floor. And why would anyone bother purchasing when they know they can wait for a sale. Whats worse, if they don't stay at 349, what happens if Sony drops to 349 after January. Xbox One can not compete with price parity. They would have to go even lower.

Depends if they want to sell any consoles in January.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

If they abandon the pricecut, they will lose the only chance they have to catch the PS4 in NA. I don't even think the XBone can reach or surpass the sales of PS4 in NA with its current price.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

I dont think so