By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the XB1 go back to regular price after the Holiday?

Will it?

Yes 183 43.16%

NO 241 56.84%

Total:424
Normchacho said:

Umm...I think you might be mixing me up with someone else...I didn't say anything about their earnings report being bad. I just have a feeling that MS will wiegh more than just NA sales when deciding whether to continue the price drop or not.

Oh, I thought you were the guy that I originally quoted.

Around the Network
Justagamer said:
platformmaster918 said:
Justagamer said:
I don't expect them to raise it back up to 399.... and I also don't think anyone who bought it at the supposed temporary price will be mad about it for not going back up... that makes no sense whatsoever. Raising the price back up would be the dumbest thing they could ever do.

so they can just outright lie in every ad that said it was just for the holidays?  No negativity towards being lied to to the face?  I guess Xbox fans are used to it after Kinect being integral and no used games and 24 hour internet being great for consumers.

Sooo..... you would only feel justified in your purchase price, if it is temporary? That just makes no sense whatsoever. If the price was good enough to make you buy it, then buy it. It's stupid to think that I will be mad, as I bought the ass creed bundle, if they don't raise the price back up.... I don't care! I got a good deal. So did millions of others! If it remains low, then millions more will get a great deal! What's to get mad over? Seriously.... what.

so they lie and that's ok.  Simplify this to that.  Not hard to understand.  Don't lie to your consumers.  Maybe they really needed to scrounge and didn't want to pay $400 so they sacrificed some other Christmas stuff to get that $350 together.  Maybe now those other things aren't on sale because their temporary cuts were actually temporary.  So there's a very possible scenario that makes it a crap heap for that person.

Get Your Portable ID!Lord of Ratchet and Clank

Duke of Playstation Plus

Warden of Platformers

No later then early march will the 399 pricetag last. Or like some said, they could just make a 1tb unit with a game for 399 and everybody is happy. But for a least 2 months the price has to be 399 so people dont feel duped about the holiday purchase.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

No, they will keep the price the same and announce it like they actually did something new. With no big exclusives dropping anytime soon, they need to try something to TRY to keep US sales above PS4.

Do I see this working? No, I highly doubt it. But you can take them trying to the bank.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

They'll bring the price down, lose to Sony until E3 and announce a september price drop. Historically Microsoft tends to work their pricing around the pre 4th quarter period. Prepare for it. I' calling it now. $350 for good.

Around the Network

No chance....

Microsoft statement will be "Due to the overall popularity and success of the price cut, We at Microsoft have decided to make the price cut permanent, thanks to all our loyal customers"

platformmaster918 said:
Justagamer said:
platformmaster918 said:
Justagamer said:
I don't expect them to raise it back up to 399.... and I also don't think anyone who bought it at the supposed temporary price will be mad about it for not going back up... that makes no sense whatsoever. Raising the price back up would be the dumbest thing they could ever do.

so they can just outright lie in every ad that said it was just for the holidays?  No negativity towards being lied to to the face?  I guess Xbox fans are used to it after Kinect being integral and no used games and 24 hour internet being great for consumers.

Sooo..... you would only feel justified in your purchase price, if it is temporary? That just makes no sense whatsoever. If the price was good enough to make you buy it, then buy it. It's stupid to think that I will be mad, as I bought the ass creed bundle, if they don't raise the price back up.... I don't care! I got a good deal. So did millions of others! If it remains low, then millions more will get a great deal! What's to get mad over? Seriously.... what.

so they lie and that's ok.  Simplify this to that.  Not hard to understand.  Don't lie to your consumers.  Maybe they really needed to scrounge and didn't want to pay $400 so they sacrificed some other Christmas stuff to get that $350 together.  Maybe now those other things aren't on sale because their temporary cuts were actually temporary.  So there's a very possible scenario that makes it a crap heap for that person.

Look.... if it gets to the point that you have to scrounge up every last penny.... you shouldn't buy it. Priorities. Either 350 is the price that is good enough to make you buy in, or not. It doesn't get any simpler than that. If 350 is good enough, then it doesn't matter if it's not going back up, it was still good enough. And who's to say they weren't or aren't going to raise it back up? Maybe, the plan was to raise it up.... but after seeing how well it did, they maybe, decided to keep it? I get what you're saying, I just honestly don't believe anyone on earth will react that way. I just got one for 330 with the ass games... it was a good deal, regardless of the price later.  

Considering last NPD, if they do that, it's over for them

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

A temporary, very short return to the original price just in the deadest period after clearance sales end won't kill XBOne, and announcing the permanent cut towards the end of February will provide a lot of additional free publicity on the media reporting it, besides the obvious marketing effort MS would do in the occasion.
MS could even do it without raising again the wholesale price, so that retailers could choose whether profiting more per unit or doing unofficial cuts and special offers during that period.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!