By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rise of the Tomb Raider is being published by Microsoft

good for them
I hope it is good.

Switch!!!

Around the Network

See I'm looking at this at a more optimistic stand point.

When CD/SE decides to make a Definitive Edition of Rise of the Tomb Raider, it will come out on the PS4 because "Definitive Edition" was not part of the deal.

Street Fighter V will be the same and appear on the Xbox One as Super Mega Ultra Street Fighter V Edition because there were no "Super Mega Ultra" when the exclusive was made. xD

Got to think positive. lol!

http://www.vg247.com/2013/11/27/plants-vs-zombies-garden-warfare-exclusivity-on-xbox-one-was-a-natural-migration-says-popcap/

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/get-plants-vs-zombies-garden-warfare-for-free-on-p/1100-6424035/

ms used the same wording with tomb raider than they did with garden warfare.   "timed-exclused but we won't specify the other platforms".   now if they had used "timed-exclusive exclusive" i'd think it wasn't coming to ps4 but ms has proved again and again and again and again that exclusive doesn't mean exclusive when ms is the one talking.

OfficerRaichu15 said:
Fusioncode said:
We already knew this.

What we also know is that the deal has a "duration". Didn't MS publish ME1 on 360?

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

true_fan said:
This will be XBOX and pc only, people just wont accept it. Phil Spencer just needs to man up and say it like that sony exec did.

The reason he doesn't "man up" would be obvious to most people...So instead of looking at other people like they "won't accept it", how about looking at it from their perspective and consider how MS has approached this. They've tip-toed around questions and had bad and/or confusing PR for a reason. If they could confirm it as a lifetime exclusive they would.

The One and Only

VizionEck.com

Around the Network
kitler53 said:

ms has proved again and again and again and again that exclusive doesn't mean exclusive when ms is the one talking.

Not going to disagree with you but the way PS people were splashing the word around the other day at their conference, I don't think they do either. Although they did have the word 'First' near it a lot.

Hmm, pie.

If this ever comes to ps4 this thread is going to be hillarious to necro.

V-r0cK said:
justgames7604 said:

because this has happened before where streetfighter is exclusive and then one of the 50 other versions 'super, mega, fucking alpha, omega, shitbox special edition' comes out and is techincally a different game as far as exclusive deals are concerned and it is released on everything else. Microsoft is co-developing, funding and publishing tombraider, difference is that they dont come out with a super mega fuckload edition.

But they'll come with a GOTY edition and then maybe another Definitive Edition lol

I think companies should just be straight up and say what's real like how Bayonetta 2 was said, moreso how the head of Platinum games said it lol.

but what if its so shit that theres no GOTY version. Yes yes.

Systems Owned: PS1, PS2, PS3,PS4, Wii, WiiU, xbox, xbox 360, xbox one

Umm.... OK? Nothing I didn't already know!

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

justgames7604 said:
V-r0cK said:
justgames7604 said:

because this has happened before where streetfighter is exclusive and then one of the 50 other versions 'super, mega, fucking alpha, omega, shitbox special edition' comes out and is techincally a different game as far as exclusive deals are concerned and it is released on everything else. Microsoft is co-developing, funding and publishing tombraider, difference is that they dont come out with a super mega fuckload edition.

But they'll come with a GOTY edition and then maybe another Definitive Edition lol

I think companies should just be straight up and say what's real like how Bayonetta 2 was said, moreso how the head of Platinum games said it lol.

but what if its so shit that theres no GOTY version. Yes yes.

I still never figured out the whole "GOTY" cause I've seem some un-deserving games get the GOTY treatment.  And seems like there's more than 1 GOTY games?  Like if a game win's a GOTY award from some award, and that same year another game wins a GOTY from a different award then they're both GOTY, is that how it works?  Personally there should be only ONE goty game per year.  

If my memory serves me right when GOTY was first introduced was for CoD MW1, it deserved it.  Then the year after it was LBP, also deserved for that year.  But then after that there were many GOTY games and I got confused after that.