By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rise of the Tomb Raider is being published by Microsoft

V-r0cK said:

If my memory serves me right when GOTY was first introduced was for CoD MW1, it deserved it.  Then the year after it was LBP, also deserved for that year.  But then after that there were many GOTY games and I got confused after that.

Even then there were tons of GOTY games, fallout 3, uncharted 2 and GTA IV were all released the same year as LBP and got GOTY Versions. It doesn't really mean anything anymore, It's just instead of doing a gold edition they do a goty edition.

Worms reloaded on pc has a GOTY edition and it didn't even get an award as far as I can tell.

Around the Network
Barkley said:
V-r0cK said:

If my memory serves me right when GOTY was first introduced was for CoD MW1, it deserved it.  Then the year after it was LBP, also deserved for that year.  But then after that there were many GOTY games and I got confused after that.

Even then there were tons of GOTY games, fallout 3, uncharted 2 and GTA IV were all released the same year as LBP and got GOTY Versions. It doesn't really mean anything anymore, It's just instead of doing a gold edition they do a goty edition.

Worms reloaded on pc has a GOTY edition and it didn't even get an award as far as I can tell.

Uncharted 2 was released the year after LBP and that no doubt deserved GOTY with all the awards won.

This needs to change.  Devs can release multiple versions if they choose but should reserve "GOTY" for the 1 game that actually deserves it.

How is it In the entertainment world? Is there only 1 movie / 1 album of year that's from the Oscar and Grammy right?  ...unless they count the teen choice award too  >__>

V-r0cK said:

Uncharted 2 was released the year after LBP and that no doubt deserved GOTY with all the awards won.

Oh yeah..... for some reason it got Edge's 2008 GOTY award though. Stupid games journalists and there stupid pre-release awards.

Actually I think Wikipedia's just wrong.

Tomb Raider is the game everybody wants.

One more reason for me to get an X1. Multi-console owning gods FTW!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network
Burek said:

I missed this comment that you quoted me in before but i did mention it is a very debatable topic.  I dont believe either side can say with 100% certainty they are correct.  I wont bet against it, or for it.  I get both sides of the argument, im just saying typically published games dont go to opposing platforms without working around the contract, but in reality we dont know what the contract is either.  So who knows what is going to happen.  I just knows its going to be on Xbox/PC.  Thats all any of us know with 100% certainty.

Well they gotta fight U4 with something, Tomb Raider is their only card to counter that lol

RoTR is limited time exclusive with a possibility of being on ps4. Revealed with shit ton of spins by the company that is spinning everything this gen. We also have several examples of exclusives announcements turning mult. Ryse dev already said they are waiting ps4 fans request the game to justify the investiment. So quite the big possibility of coming to Ps4. Ms never shot down the possibility they were more confirming it will release. Sony didn't cry over it.

Sony reveal really clearly the exclusivity forever. There is the possibility of other editions. Sony haven't spin their PR for a long time and Said at TLG they will always be clear. Also said timed would be said "first on ps", when exclusive is Said they mean it. No examples of exclusives announced turning multi. No sense in Sony announcement including variations of a game not released, also including DLC and changing the name don't change the game. It's more pub trick for dev to say the game is new and improved (it got released because time expired not because of name). Sony certainly included all variations of sf v and we just don't know if the clause for variations is "ok", "never", "after sometime" or "for this much money". Small possibility of releasing on X1 but Sony didn't destroyed possibility yet. MS goes there to cry to the public.

So anyone who can't see the difference is quite blind or reaching. And MS PR got back for some childish behaviour with Aaron and Hyrb. Spencer were better but sounded a little sour.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Gamz said:
It aint going to PS4 now.

With Uncharted 4, I doubt they will care much.

We already knew this since the beginning.

Vasto said:
Tomb Raider is the game everybody wants.

No. I didn't even played the first one, even if i got it for free.