By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rise of the Tomb Raider is being published by Microsoft

Blood_Tears said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

And because of a deal like this, SE will continue to not go under.

Microsoft taking care of developers! Warms the heart.

Actually SE is making money these days thanks to the success of FF14. Sure the TR deal will sweeten the deal but let's be honest here, MS are not saving SE. SE is saving themselves without MS.  If anything, they will break even considering 5 million on the first game didn't bring a profit. It was only after the current gen versions launched did SE make money off the original game.

Nowhere does my post say Microsoft is "saving" them. I doubt you have much insight into SE's financials, but it's great if they are financially stable. All the more reason for them to not end up like Capcom. And now we know developing this game won't lead to that.

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
Blood_Tears said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

And because of a deal like this, SE will continue to not go under.

Microsoft taking care of developers! Warms the heart.

Actually SE is making money these days thanks to the success of FF14. Sure the TR deal will sweeten the deal but let's be honest here, MS are not saving SE. SE is saving themselves without MS.  If anything, they will break even considering 5 million on the first game didn't bring a profit. It was only after the current gen versions launched did SE make money off the original game.

Nowhere does my post say Microsoft is "saving" them. I doubt you have much insight into SE's financials, but it's great if they are financially stable. All the more reason for them to not end up like Capcom. And now we know developing this game won't lead to that.

wow, no insight into SE's financials? Isn't that what quarterly financial reports are for?  Or are you just trying to be ignorant?

Oh my bad, did SE's financial report break down exactly how many copies of TR needed to be sold for profit, as well as a percentage of their profits that are being earned from FF14 on PS3 and PS4? Also, does it break down exactly what the financial details are of this deal with Microsoft, as well information on their current cost of development plus marketing plus extended support? I'd love to see what they are gaining/saving (or as you put it, "sweetening") with this deal.

Odds are you have none of that information. Sorry that pointing it out seems to offend you. Carry on.

LudicrousSpeed said:

Oh my bad, did SE's financial report break down exactly how many copies of TR needed to be sold for profit, as well as a percentage of their profits that are being earned from FF14 on PS3 and PS4? Also, does it break down exactly what the financial details are of this deal with Microsoft, as well information on their current cost of development plus marketing plus extended support? I'd love to see what they are gaining/saving (or as you put it, "sweetening") with this deal.

Odds are you have none of that information. Sorry that pointing it out seems to offend you. Carry on.

Looks like I was right, you were trying to be ignorant. PS - You can reply directly to me, you don't have to be afraid and go off on a kiddy rant in the thread.

User moderated for this post -RavenXtra

Not surprising at all (actually I thought it was the case already).

Good for Microsoft after all. Maybe the deal is to let them publish it for free in exchange of exclusivity (timed or not).

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:

Just for the record, I never said anything about the break down of FF14 on PS3/4. I said FF14 as a whole. Another poster chimed in about the Playstation sku's, so you fail at reading comprehension as well. Furthermore, I never said financial reports break down how many needed to be sold for a profit. With reports, so comes PR statements as well. SE releases reports and then releases a statement about TR failing to meet expectations and using that as a reason for poor results. Then SE releases FF14, profits go up, releases statement attributing FF14 to profits etc. This is all public knowledge and nothing new, though to you it seems so.  It may seem like a hard math quiz but I'm sure you can understand it. Now carry on with your rant if you must, it's quite becoming of you given your history J_Allard…

And it looks like I was right and you don't have any insight. It is funny that you apparently think you do because you can read PR, though.

And I prefer to not use quote when mobile. lol @ afraid. Where is Degrasse when you need him.

LudicrousSpeed said:
And it looks like I was right and you don't have any insight. It is funny that you apparently think you do because you can read PR, though.

And I prefer to not use quote when mobile. lol @ afraid. Where is Degrasse when you need him.

Again with the insight driffle. No one is claiming to have "insight" or a big shot financial analyst here. You seem to be fixated on this aspect while ignoring my points about this all being public knowledge and about another poster breaking down the sku's, not me. If you're not equipped to understand these valid points, just say so. You don't have to keep back peddaling..

Blood_Tears said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Again with the insight driffle. No one is claiming to have "insight" or a big shot financial analyst here. You seem to be fixated on this aspect while ignoring my points about this all being public knowledge and about another poster breaking down the sku's, not me. If you're not equipped to understand these valid points, just say so. You don't have to keep back peddaling..

Right or wrong you should stop insulting him like that post after post. He did not attack you personnaly like you did.
You can point him wrong if you believe he is but even if he does not agree with you (or do not understand/acknowledge your point), you should not insult his intelligence like that or call him ignorant/kiddish.

Imaginedvl said:
Blood_Tears said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Right or wrong you should stop insulting him like that post after post. He did not attack you personnaly like you did.
You can point him wrong if you believe he is but even if he does not agree with you (or do not understand/acknowledge your point), you should not insult his intelligence like that or call him ignorant/kiddish.

LudicrousSpeed quotes and replies to Blood_Tears

Blood_Tears quotes and replies to LudicrousSpeed

Hmm Nope, I was right. I didn't see Imaginedvl in the conversation, but thanks for being our special helper. Appreciate the reality check...