By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rise of the Tomb Raider is being published by Microsoft

Blood_Tears said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Oh my bad, did SE's financial report break down exactly how many copies of TR needed to be sold for profit, as well as a percentage of their profits that are being earned from FF14 on PS3 and PS4? Also, does it break down exactly what the financial details are of this deal with Microsoft, as well information on their current cost of development plus marketing plus extended support? I'd love to see what they are gaining/saving (or as you put it, "sweetening") with this deal.

Odds are you have none of that information. Sorry that pointing it out seems to offend you. Carry on.

Looks like I was right, you were trying to be ignorant. PS - You can reply directly to me, you don't have to be afraid and go off on a kiddy rant in the thread.

User moderated for this post -RavenXtra

Be careful.Posters are sensitive on this forum as I have been banned multiple times for pointing out none sense and speaking the truth.I see you hve already been moderated.

Around the Network
riderz13371 said:
starcraft said:
riderz13371 said:

New statement from Square Enix

“Our partnership with Microsoft on ‘Rise of the Tomb Raider’ does have a duration, but we aren’t discussing those details at this time and are focused on collaborating to deliver a great game on Xbox One and Xbox 360,” a Square Enix representative told us via email. For those of you on PC and PlayStation systems, your hope of playing Rise of the Tomb Raider on other systems lives on.

Link

Excellent.

So we're likely to see a PC version, and beyond that, we just don't know.

Wrong. Rise of the Tomb Raider GOTY Edition will be on PS4.

Kappa

I had to Google what Kappa was, as I am not a Twitch user.

A less nerdy mod might have banned you

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Funny how many people didn't see the first Square-enix reply that stated MS is publishing TR for Xbox ,in other words for their platform.
The point about TR not making money , they did their projections on 5mil plus sales when historically TR sells around 3mil it's most likely the case that the sales and profits only look bad when compared to their over optimistic outlook .

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

MrChaos said:

You miss my point entirely.MS lacks first party games so no matter what Sony and Nintendo do with helping with development,they still have more games they own than MS. As for Indie games,really? Those would not be made without someone giving them money and are not comparable to an esablished retail game that started on PSX like Tomb Rider.

Rise of TR would have been made without MS' help (if they really are helping and not just paying for it which it's obvious they just paid to keep it off the PS4) as the last TR was developed without MS.We don't know the deal with Beyonetta 2 and that was Platinum's decision as they needed a publisher (though I am sure they could have found a third party) and Beyonetta 1 sold poorly.

I don't care if MS bought the rights to the franchise as U4 will be a much better game and i had no plans to buy RoTR period.Just pointing out the truth.It still does not make a single platform better for exclusives when th don't own th games and is a weak business practice.

And you are way off topic. This has nothing to do with Microsoft's lack of first-party games, and everything to do with money-hatting. Why should one company get away with it while the other gets grilled? Just because Sony and Nintendo have more first-party titles doesn't make them any more or less excused in regards to moneyhatting. It's a business, corporations don't play friends with each other. Microsoft knows that its best bet is to help develop and publish games from third parties as timed exclusives, so it does just that. It's not a weak business practice, if it was all the corporations wouldn't do it.

And you really think that anyone in the industry is innocent? Sony helped develop and publish the Ratchet and Clank games and the Resistance games, and now is doing the same with Street Fighter 5. Nintendo helped out with plenty of Rare titles, and with Bayonetta 2 (which had only Nintendo to turn to, in the end). Microsoft is doing it with Tomb Raider, a franchise that needs all the help it can get to take off in an industry that already has a similar game that is much more of a powerhouse (Uncharted).

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Wow, 25 pages... The OP was right about the popcorn.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

Around the Network
riderz13371 said:

“Our partnership with Microsoft on ‘Rise of the Tomb Raider’ does have a duration, but we aren’t discussing those details at this time and are focused on collaborating to deliver a great game on Xbox One and Xbox 360,” a Square Enix representative told us via email. For those of you on PC and PlayStation systems, your hope of playing Rise of the Tomb Raider on other systems lives on.

Link

Good, PS4 version confirmed then

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

starcraft said:
riderz13371 said:

Link

Excellent.

Oh cut it out.

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Fusioncode said:
starcraft said:
riderz13371 said:

Link

Excellent.

Oh cut it out.

?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Tomb Raider will no longer come to ps4 if this is the case

VanceIX said:
MrChaos said:

You miss my point entirely.MS lacks first party games so no matter what Sony and Nintendo do with helping with development,they still have more games they own than MS. As for Indie games,really? Those would not be made without someone giving them money and are not comparable to an esablished retail game that started on PSX like Tomb Rider.

Rise of TR would have been made without MS' help (if they really are helping and not just paying for it which it's obvious they just paid to keep it off the PS4) as the last TR was developed without MS.We don't know the deal with Beyonetta 2 and that was Platinum's decision as they needed a publisher (though I am sure they could have found a third party) and Beyonetta 1 sold poorly.

I don't care if MS bought the rights to the franchise as U4 will be a much better game and i had no plans to buy RoTR period.Just pointing out the truth.It still does not make a single platform better for exclusives when th don't own th games and is a weak business practice.

And you are way off topic. This has nothing to do with Microsoft's lack of first-party games, and everything to do with money-hatting. Why should one company get away with it while the other gets grilled? Just because Sony and Nintendo have more first-party titles doesn't make them any more or less excused in regards to moneyhatting. It's a business, corporations don't play friends with each other. Microsoft knows that its best bet is to help develop and publish games from third parties as timed exclusives, so it does just that. It's not a weak business practice, if it was all the corporations wouldn't do it.

And you really think that anyone in the industry is innocent? Sony helped develop and publish the Ratchet and Clank games and the Resistance games, and now is doing the same with Street Fighter 5. Nintendo helped out with plenty of Rare titles, and with Bayonetta 2 (which had only Nintendo to turn to, in the end). Microsoft is doing it with Tomb Raider, a franchise that needs all the help it can get to take off in an industry that already has a similar game that is much more of a powerhouse (Uncharted).

I was replying to your comment about people getting off MS back.lol the lack of paying for first party in favor of paying for timed DLC and third party games was the topic from your comment.