By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rise of the Tomb Raider is being published by Microsoft

Blood_Tears said:

LudicrousSpeed quotes and replies to Blood_Tears

Blood_Tears quotes and replies to LudicrousSpeed

Hmm Nope, I was right. I didn't see Imaginedvl in the conversation, but thanks for being our special helper. Appreciate the reality check...

You are welcome, just wanted you to avoid being banned again by being rude and insulting people on the forums.

Around the Network
MrChaos said:
VanceIX said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
They offered to pay for the Xbox version. They are trying to use the same excuse as Sony. Capcom is going under and SE isn't.

I wish you people would just get off of MS's back.

EVERYONE MONEYHATS. GET OVER IT.

Sorry I sound angry, I'm just sick of people crushing on one company when another does the same thing. There is no excuse either way, it's just as much a part of the industry as buying developers. It happens. Whatever. Just be happy this is a timed exclusive and will arrive on PS4 eventually.

I think people are on MS back more because they are the only company who pays for third party games instead of their own first party games.Nintendo and Sony have a large list of first party unlike MS.

If by "paying" you mean 'help in developing and publishing the game", then both Sony and Nintendo do it. Sony does it with plenty of indies that will never make it to the One and Nintendo did it recently with Bayonetta 2, which will almost certainly be a Wii U exclusive. 

Just be happy that it it's only timed exclusive. This is a practice that will never go away, since devs will always be appreciative of a company helping fund their game.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Everybody cut out the personal attacks please.

We're just going to have to wait and see whether TR and SF come to competing consoles and not just PC. There is ample history to support both possibilites on each side!

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

New statement from Square Enix

“Our partnership with Microsoft on ‘Rise of the Tomb Raider’ does have a duration, but we aren’t discussing those details at this time and are focused on collaborating to deliver a great game on Xbox One and Xbox 360,” a Square Enix representative told us via email. For those of you on PC and PlayStation systems, your hope of playing Rise of the Tomb Raider on other systems lives on.

Link

It's timed exclusive. Relax people.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
riderz13371 said:

“Our partnership with Microsoft on ‘Rise of the Tomb Raider’ does have a duration, but we aren’t discussing those details at this time and are focused on collaborating to deliver a great game on Xbox One and Xbox 360,” a Square Enix representative told us via email. For those of you on PC and PlayStation systems, your hope of playing Rise of the Tomb Raider on other systems lives on.

Link

Your hope of playing Rise of the Tomb Raider on other systems lives on?

riderz13371 said:

Link

Excellent.

So we're likely to see a PC version, and beyond that, we just don't know.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
riderz13371 said:

Link

Excellent.

So we're likely to see a PC version, and beyond that, we just don't know.

Wrong. Rise of the Tomb Raider GOTY Edition will be on PS4.

Kappa

Vasto said:
riderz13371 said:

Link

Your hope of playing Rise of the Tomb Raider on other systems lives on?

Hope? It's inevitable. 

VanceIX said:
MrChaos said:
VanceIX said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
They offered to pay for the Xbox version. They are trying to use the same excuse as Sony. Capcom is going under and SE isn't.

I wish you people would just get off of MS's back.

EVERYONE MONEYHATS. GET OVER IT.

Sorry I sound angry, I'm just sick of people crushing on one company when another does the same thing. There is no excuse either way, it's just as much a part of the industry as buying developers. It happens. Whatever. Just be happy this is a timed exclusive and will arrive on PS4 eventually.

I think people are on MS back more because they are the only company who pays for third party games instead of their own first party games.Nintendo and Sony have a large list of first party unlike MS.

If by "paying" you mean 'help in developing and publishing the game", then both Sony and Nintendo do it. Sony does it with plenty of indies that will never make it to the One and Nintendo did it recently with Bayonetta 2, which will almost certainly be a Wii U exclusive. 

Just be happy that it it's only timed exclusive. This is a practice that will never go away, since devs will always be appreciative of a company helping fund their game.

You miss my point entirely.MS lacks first party games so no matter what Sony and Nintendo do with helping with development,they still have more games they own than MS. As for Indie games,really? Those would not be made without someone giving them money and are not comparable to an esablished retail game that started on PSX like Tomb Rider.

Rise of TR would have been made without MS' help (if they really are helping and not just paying for it which it's obvious they just paid to keep it off the PS4) as the last TR was developed without MS.We don't know the deal with Beyonetta 2 and that was Platinum's decision as they needed a publisher (though I am sure they could have found a third party) and Beyonetta 1 sold poorly.

I don't care if MS bought the rights to the franchise as U4 will be a much better game and i had no plans to buy RoTR period.Just pointing out the truth.It still does not make a single platform better for exclusives when th don't own th games and is a weak business practice.