By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rise of the Tomb Raider is being published by Microsoft

X1 will probably get Super Street Fighter V a year later whilst PS4 will probably get Rise of the Tomb Raider: Redux/Definitive/whatever a year later. Strange thing is that if Tomb Raider were a true exclusive, (1) Why would Spencer mentioned the deal 'has a duration' and (2) why would they not scream/yell and promote the fact that it is a full console exclusive like Sony did with SFV? This is the part that perplexes me. Even if the 'duration' part pertains to a possible PC release, it still leaves the second factor(2) unresolved...

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
LurkerJ said:
JayWood2010 said:

My original post wasn't a bit aggressive. You are always touchy when it comes to TR and its exclusivity.

I was fine with the post until "Go ahead and bicker some more though. Salty necrobumps will be hilarious!"  That does appear aggressive to me added with sarcastic and exagerative points.  

That hit a nerve, yeah? I see worse posts in this very thread. Fans from boths sides are bickering. No exaggeration whatsoever. But I take it back if it helps you to truly relax. 

LurkerJ said:
MS comes out and say TR is an Xbox exclusive in 2015 holiday and that their deal has a DURATION and people choose to believe the game won't be released on other platforms.

SONY says SFV is exclusive for good and people choose to believe that it will be released on Xbox.

Why? because MS is publishing TR is apparently enough proof and SONY funding and co-developing SF isn't.

Let's not forget that MS PR has been a spinning machine for the entire generation. Expect some more lies.

SONY on ther hand has been crystal clear about what is exclusive and what is timed-exclusive since day 1.

Go ahead and bicker some more though. Salty necrobumps will be hilarious!

No they choose to believe spinning words from spin Spencer 

Predictions for end of 2014 HW sales:

PS4: 17m   XB1: 10m    WiiU: 10m   Vita: 10m

Barkley said:
Two people who are apparently both relaxed both telling the other they are not relaxed and need to calm down, this is hilarious.

View on YouTube

LurkerJ said:

Truthfully i havent even read all the comments in this thread.  I came back in after this post http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6905403 and did ctrl+f to find out who quoted me.  Again, whatever happens, happens.  Its a very debatable topic

And no nerve has been stricken.  Thats the attitude im talking about though, smh

Around the Network
e-gamer said:

Microsoft had contract with Bioware. After EA-merge all the contracts were lost, including this one. This is business. To be honest I also think there was some refund to Microsoft.

So, while Cristal Dynamics / SE stays in the same group, the deal is on.

Cant believe I am going to sort of defend the Sony fanboys. Just because a company is bought/merge doesnt mean contracts are null and void. They may not be extended, but contracts in place stay in place until some negotations take place. That being said the same goes for Sony and SFV. We dont know the details of the contract and we dont know that Sony has only rights to the IP now.  Wouldnt Sony have announced they now own the rights to the Street Fighter franchise if they really locked down the franchise. What they did was fund the development or part of the development.  That doesnt mean they own any offshoots, doesnt mean they dont. We just dont know. We also dont know about ROTR and demanding that two people use exact same language and if they dont it means that they are hiding something is nuts.

Its libraries that sell systems not a single game.

LurkerJ said:
MS comes out and say TR is an Xbox exclusive in 2015 holiday and that their deal has a DURATION and people choose to believe the game won't be released on other platforms.

SONY says SFV is exclusive for good and people choose to believe that it will be released on Xbox.

Why? because MS is publishing TR is apparently enough proof and SONY funding and co-developing SF isn't.

Let's not forget that MS PR has been a spinning machine for the entire generation. Expect some more lies.

SONY on ther hand has been crystal clear about what is exclusive and what is timed-exclusive since day 1.

because this has happened before where streetfighter is exclusive and then one of the 50 other versions 'super, mega, fucking alpha, omega, shitbox special edition' comes out and is techincally a different game as far as exclusive deals are concerned and it is released on everything else. Microsoft is co-developing, funding and publishing tombraider, difference is that they dont come out with a super mega fuckload edition.

Systems Owned: PS1, PS2, PS3,PS4, Wii, WiiU, xbox, xbox 360, xbox one

Great news

justgames7604 said:
LurkerJ said:

because this has happened before where streetfighter is exclusive and then one of the 50 other versions 'super, mega, fucking alpha, omega, shitbox special edition' comes out and is techincally a different game as far as exclusive deals are concerned and it is released on everything else. Microsoft is co-developing, funding and publishing tombraider, difference is that they dont come out with a super mega fuckload edition.

But they'll come with a GOTY edition and then maybe another Definitive Edition lol

I think companies should just be straight up and say what's real like how Bayonetta 2 was said, moreso how the head of Platinum games said it lol.

So...Phil Spencer feels the need to make amends for a game that's coming to Xbox One then?

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=194856

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.