By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rise of the Tomb Raider is being published by Microsoft

MS comes out and say TR is an Xbox exclusive in 2015 holiday and that their deal has a DURATION and people choose to believe the game won't be released on other platforms.

SONY says SFV is exclusive for good and people choose to believe that it will be released on Xbox.

Why? because MS publishing TR is apparently enough proof and SONY funding and co-developing SF isn't.

Let's not forget that MS PR has been a spinning machine for the entire generation. Expect some more lies.

SONY on ther hand has been crystal clear about what is exclusive and what is timed-exclusive since day 1.

Go ahead and bicker some more though. Salty necrobumps will be hilarious!

User was moderated for his posts in this thread. Not exclusively based on this one. - Axumblade

Around the Network
LurkerJ said:

Relax a little bit.   Whatever happens, happens.  And im not sure if anybody is arguing that SFV isnt a life exclusive anymore.

JayWood2010 said:
LurkerJ said:

Relax a little bit.   Whatever happens, happens.  And im not sure if anybody is arguing that SFV isnt a life exclusive anymore.

LOL. I am relaxed. You are pretty active in these types of threads. How about you stop telling people what to do and "relax" before the "unbiased" image gets tainted some more?

LurkerJ said:
JayWood2010 said:

You dont seem to be relaxed.  Seem a bit aggressive to me. And thats fine.  If people want to believe im biased im ok with that

JayWood2010 said:
Burek said:
JayWood2010 said:

Actually that comes from Microsoft saying that the timed exclusive deal is similar to Dead Rising 3 which means it will be Xbox exclusive during the holiday and in about 6 months it will also come to PC.  Again you can see the tweet by Phil Spencer in the OP of this thread http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=188583&page=1

And even with Ryse in a case where Crytek and Microsoft has a strong disagreement it has yet to be announced for PS4 over a year later but was allowed to be announced for PC.  Microsoft tends to not care if a game goes to PC as it isnt their competitor.   Most likely in the contract with third party's it says they can release on PC after a certain time frame if wanted.  This allows Microsoft console exlusivity and gives the third party a perk in other cases it may not have been allowed

Well, I had the exact same conversation 4 months ago, same tweets and same PR statements were used. 4 months later, a thread is opened with absolutely no new info, so I choose not to repeat the same posts again.

You can believe what you choose to believe, I'll interpret PR statements the way I see them to be, we will disagree and that's it.

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:
LurkerJ said:
JayWood2010 said:

You dont seem to be relaxed.  Seem a bit aggressive to me. And thats fine.  If people want to believe im biased im ok with that

My original post wasn't a bit aggressive. You are always touchy when it comes to TR and its exclusivity. So relax.

Two people who are apparently both relaxed both telling the other they are not relaxed and need to calm down, this is hilarious.

LurkerJ said:
MS comes out and say TR is an Xbox exclusive in 2015 holiday and that their deal has a DURATION and people choose to believe the game won't be released on other platforms.

SONY says SFV is exclusive for good and people choose to believe that it will be released on Xbox.

Why? because MS is publishing TR is apparently enough proof and SONY funding and co-developing SF isn't.

Let's not forget that MS PR has been a spinning machine for the entire generation. Expect some more lies.

SONY on ther hand has been crystal clear about what is exclusive and what is timed-exclusive since day 1.

Go ahead and bicker some more though. Salty necrobumps will be hilarious!

Actually, your summary here is probably the best post in the entire thread. 

Barkley said:
Two people who are apparently both relaxed both telling the other they are not relaxed and need to calm down, this is hilarious.

Dude, relax. I'm relaxed.

Hmm, pie.

LurkerJ said:
JayWood2010 said:

My original post wasn't a bit aggressive. You are always touchy when it comes to TR and its exclusivity.

I was fine with the post until "Go ahead and bicker some more though. Salty necrobumps will be hilarious!"  That does appear aggressive to me added with sarcastic and exagerative points.