By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rise of the Tomb Raider is being published by Microsoft

true_fan said:
The denial is so strong, we can clearly see which deal made a greater impact because some are still hurt from the TR deal that was announced 6 months ago.

Denial of what? No one is denying what is known with certainty. What gives RTR legs is the uncertainty of what might happen in 2016. If MS would only come out and say, unequivocally that RTR will never come to a non-Xbox console everyone could move on, and we wouldn't get  these sort of threads popping  up from time to time. You won't see a SF5 exclusivity thread in 2 month's time because there's no uncertainty for people to comb the twittersphere bugging Capcom or Sony execs about it. 

Possibly the only denial that's actually happening is on the part of people who actually think RTR is a defintie console exclusive. Maybe it is, but everything about the PR to date strongly implies that it isn't.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

Major Nelson hinted at it earlier today.

Vasto said:

Super Duper Street Fighter V: Lara Croft Marries Master Chief Edition

Exclusive to XBox One. 

But yeah. Would be kinda predictable for MS to start dropping some bombs fairly soon. 

Tomb Raider certainly was never going to be the last game MS opened their wallet for this gen. 

Vasto said:

What's he hinting at?

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

It doesn't matter much to me if this game doesn't come to ps4, I have an xbone but i'll play this on pc. MS really should choose which games the buy wisely. This wasn't one of them.

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:
JayWood2010 said:

I posted a thread about this a long time ago. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=188583&page=0#1

Tomb Raider is Published, funded, and co-developed by Microsoft.  This is why it is very debatable that the timed means only PC.  While it could be on PS4 as well, usually published titles dont go to the competitor's platform. I wouldnt bet against it nor for it.  Whatever happens, happens

Mass effect 1 was published by Microsoft which came to PS3.

Microsoft had contract with Bioware. After EA-merge all the contracts were lost, including this one. This is business. To be honest I also think there was some refund to Microsoft.

So, while Cristal Dynamics / SE stays in the same group, the deal is on.

And it will be published by Square-Enix on PS4 for the majority of fans after MS's paid delay ends. Meanwhile, PS4 owners will be playing the inevitably better Uncharted 4.

This is very old news.

Zackasaurus-rex said:

And it will be published by Square-Enix on PS4 for the majority of fans after MS's paid delay ends. Meanwhile, PS4 owners will be playing the inevitably better Uncharted 4.

This is very old news.

I need the numbers to the lottery, it doesn't matter Powerball or Euro Millions. You're good with predictions.

zero129 said:
I really have to laugh at how this thread turned out.

MS Fans: ROTR is published by MS.

Sony Fans: Still gonna come to PS4 baby!!

MS Fans: Same way Super street fighter 5 is coming to x1?

Sony Fans: No dude thats impossible.

MS Fans: But its not impossible for ROTR to go to PS4 when its published by MS?

Sony Fans: Yeah dude, Sony said "SF5" is Console Exclusive. Plus MS published Mass Effect and thats on PS3.

MS Fans: Exactly Sony said "SF5" Nothing about "SSF5" or any other version.

Sony Fans: Yay looking at my copy of Mass Effect eat that MS Published game!!

MS Fans: Mass Effect is a different case then ROTR, Since Bioware was brought by EA after the deal with MS and EA had to port ME1 to the ME2 engine to get it running on the PS3 and most likely also had to "Buy" back or come to some type of deal with MS to allow that to happen. But hey If Sony fans dont mind waiting for SE to get taking over by another company and wait about 5 years for ROTR then sure it might come to PS4..

Sony Fans: NANANANA ROTR IS COMING TO PS4'ZZZ and MS is NEVER GETTING SF5 EAT IT EAT IT DAMNIT!!! ..

MS Fans: hmmmkay.

Anyway i dont know why Sony fans can so easy accept that an MS published game can come to PS4 (And use such a bad case of Mass Effect to try prove their point, when if anything that just makes it worse) but an edition of SF5 can never go to X1. So unless Sony Co Developes every other version of SF5 IF you expect TR2 to come to PS4 then you should expect the same of SF5 otherwise you really are just using double standards.

At this rate I might just become a PC/Nintendo guy

Goatseye said:
Zackasaurus-rex said:

This is very old news.

I need the numbers to the lottery, it doesn't matter Powerball or Euro Millions. You're good with predictions.

Lottery numbers and a basic understanding of the game industry are very different things. 

I recommend you stay away from the lottery.