By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rise of the Tomb Raider is being published by Microsoft

Soundwave said:
binary solo said:
Soundwave said:

But Sony didn't say any about Street Fighter franchise exclusivity either. Super SFV very well could be on any platform, Sony emphasized SFV only and didn't utter a peep about the other versions of SFV that everyone and their grandma knows are going to happen. 

There's basically no IP that Sony has been able to keep from eventually appearing on XBox ... GTA, DMC, Virtua Fighter, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear were once all Sony exclusives too, eventually they all ended up on the XBox. 

That is exactly the point. Sony was definitive about the console exclusivity of SFV. There is no chance of SFV ever coming to a non-PS console (could come to PSV in other words). MS has not at all been this defintive about RTR. In fact the opposite is true. MS (and SE/CD) statements have been so convoluted in the attempt to not admit to timed exclusivity but at the same time not being able to claim absolute [console] exclusivity. SE is probably contractually bound to not say it's timed exclusive (if indeed it is timed exclusive) and it is not in MS's interests to openly admit timed console exclusivity, so they will say things in a way that does not clearly admit timed exclusivity, but also does not convey false information.

With SFV we have clear and unambigious console exclusivity. And complete silence on Super/Ultra/Sigma SFV. The PR situations are quite stark in their comparison.

Street Fighter V yes. I'm not debating that. 

But the inevitable Super Street Fighter V? That's a different can of worms. 

If Sony had full exclusivity over all SFV games for the duration of the generation, they would have mentioned it as a multi-game partnership with Capcom. 

If the deal extends to multiple SFV games, Sony would've crowed about it from the rooftops. 

Oh good, that means we're in agreement on this. I think SSFV will come to Xb one.  It would be a simple enough thing to say "All Street Fighter 5 titles will be permanent console exclusive for Playstation". Just like it would be easy to say "Rise of the Tomb Raider is a permanent console exclusive for Xbox." Since neither such statements, or words to the same effect, have been made then the obvious conclusion is that permanent console exclusivity is not the case for either RTR or further iterations of SFV subsequent to the original SFV.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:

I posted a thread about this a long time ago. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=188583&page=0#1

Tomb Raider is Published, funded, and co-developed by Microsoft.  This is why it is very debatable that the timed means only PC.  While it could be on PS4 as well, usually published titles dont go to the competitor's platform. I wouldnt bet against it nor for it.  Whatever happens, happens

Mass effect 1 was published by Microsoft which came to PS3.

binary solo said:
Soundwave said:
binary solo said:
Soundwave said:

But Sony didn't say any about Street Fighter franchise exclusivity either. Super SFV very well could be on any platform, Sony emphasized SFV only and didn't utter a peep about the other versions of SFV that everyone and their grandma knows are going to happen. 

There's basically no IP that Sony has been able to keep from eventually appearing on XBox ... GTA, DMC, Virtua Fighter, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear were once all Sony exclusives too, eventually they all ended up on the XBox. 

That is exactly the point. Sony was definitive about the console exclusivity of SFV. There is no chance of SFV ever coming to a non-PS console (could come to PSV in other words). MS has not at all been this defintive about RTR. In fact the opposite is true. MS (and SE/CD) statements have been so convoluted in the attempt to not admit to timed exclusivity but at the same time not being able to claim absolute [console] exclusivity. SE is probably contractually bound to not say it's timed exclusive (if indeed it is timed exclusive) and it is not in MS's interests to openly admit timed console exclusivity, so they will say things in a way that does not clearly admit timed exclusivity, but also does not convey false information.

With SFV we have clear and unambigious console exclusivity. And complete silence on Super/Ultra/Sigma SFV. The PR situations are quite stark in their comparison.

Street Fighter V yes. I'm not debating that. 

But the inevitable Super Street Fighter V? That's a different can of worms. 

If Sony had full exclusivity over all SFV games for the duration of the generation, they would have mentioned it as a multi-game partnership with Capcom. 

If the deal extends to multiple SFV games, Sony would've crowed about it from the rooftops. 

Oh good, that means we're in agreement on this. I think SSFV will come to Xb one.  It would be a simple enough thing to say "All Street Fighter 5 titles will be permanent console exclusive for Playstation". Just like it would be easy to say "Rise of the Tomb Raider is a permanent console exclusive for Xbox." Since neither such statements, or words to the same effect, have been made then the obvious conclusion is that permanent console exclusivity is not the case for either RTR or further iterations of SFV subsequent to the original SFV.

Yes I agree, RoTR after a period of time and Super SFV will be on both systems. 

LordLichtenstein said:
riderz13371 said:

By short I mean minimum 6 months, which isn't exactly short but I think you get the point.

Don't bother, they will never come to their senses. Let them live in their "Rise of the Tomb Raider is exclusive" fantasy.

Until you hear the words "coming to to ps4 on....." you don't know either so please don't act so condescendingly

Bristow9091 said:
Just curious by the way... but does anyone else think we'll see the same situation as with Mass Effect? I mean, I'm sat here looking at my 360 copy of the game, published by Microsoft Game Studios... and my PS3 copy published by EA.

Not possible. Microsoft would never let a published game go to another platform. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:
JayWood2010 said:

I posted a thread about this a long time ago. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=188583&page=0#1

Tomb Raider is Published, funded, and co-developed by Microsoft.  This is why it is very debatable that the timed means only PC.  While it could be on PS4 as well, usually published titles dont go to the competitor's platform. I wouldnt bet against it nor for it.  Whatever happens, happens

Isn't it evident what happened? EA bought Bioware.

daredevil.shark said:
JayWood2010 said:

The denial is so strong, we can clearly see which deal made a greater impact because some are still hurt from the TR deal that was announced 6 months ago.

Bristow9091 said:
Just curious by the way... but does anyone else think we'll see the same situation as with Mass Effect? I mean, I'm sat here looking at my 360 copy of the game, published by Microsoft Game Studios... and my PS3 copy published by EA.

People need to stop use Mass Effect as example because bioware bought by EA, using ME as example means you believe Square Enix is going to acquire by someone and then wait 5 years for PS4 version.

D-Joe said:
Bristow9091 said:

People need to stop use Mass Effect as example because bioware bought by EA, using ME as example means you believe Square Enix is going to acquire by someone and then wait 5 years for PS4 version.

Good point.