By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Rise of the Tomb Raider is being published by Microsoft

riderz13371 said:
NobleTeam360 said:
LordLichtenstein said:
NobleTeam360 said:
You have some people saying this game will end up on PS4 but have no evidence to support that claim -_____-. I just get the feeling this game will be like Dead Rising 3 and Ryse, PC version will come like 6 months later and I doubt a PS4 version will come.

The silence in the Microsoft/Square camp, confirmed it a long time ago.

Silence? that doesn't confirm the game is coming to PS4. 

The fact that they haven't said it's not coming to PS4 is the only thing right now that's making me think the game will come. 

Sony openly admitted that SV5 will be on PC and PS4 will be the only console it releases on. Microsoft hasn't said anything for TR in that regard. If it was full exclusive they would be shouting it from the rooftops. Or as our good friend Aaron Greenberg would say,

You gotta have the double exclusive to make it legit!!!

But Sony didn't say any about Street Fighter franchise exclusivity either. Super SFV very well could be on any platform, Sony emphasized SFV only and didn't utter a peep about the other versions of SFV that everyone and their grandma knows are going to happen. 

There's basically no IP that Sony has been able to keep from eventually appearing on XBox ... GTA, DMC, Virtua Fighter, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear were once all Sony exclusives too, eventually they all ended up on the XBox. 

Around the Network
NobleTeam360 said:
LordLichtenstein said:
NobleTeam360 said:
You have some people saying this game will end up on PS4 but have no evidence to support that claim -_____-. I just get the feeling this game will be like Dead Rising 3 and Ryse, PC version will come like 6 months later and I doubt a PS4 version will come.

It all but does though. If MS was in a position to say RTR will never be on a PS platform they would absolutely say it in no uncertain terms. MS gains nothing by being unclear on this point if the situation is cut and dried. Every single obfuscation only serves to confirm that SE will be free to put it on PS4 after 2015, and they would be insane not to do that.  And this most recent tweet is no different, especially since we already knew MS was publishing the Xbox version "similar to DR3": published by MS on Xb one, not published by MS on PC.

There is actually more reason to believe it will come to PS4 than not at this point in time. But if that's not actually true and there is no possibility of it coming to PS4 then SE and CD are being complete arseholes for stringing PS4 owners along. As Phil says, it's not his job to talk about PS4, so MS has no obligation to confirm or deny the possibility of a PS4 port. But they do have an incentive to confirm or deny the absoluteness of their console exclusivity, if indeed the console exclusivity is absolute, which PR evidence to date suggests it is not absolute.,

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Soundwave said:
riderz13371 said:

The fact that they haven't said it's not coming to PS4 is the only thing right now that's making me think the game will come. 

Sony openly admitted that SV5 will be on PC and PS4 will be the only console it releases on. Microsoft hasn't said anything for TR in that regard. If it was full exclusive they would be shouting it from the rooftops. Or as our good friend Aaron Greenberg would say,

But Sony didn't say any about Street Fighter franchise exclusivity either. Super SFV very well could be on any platform, Sony emphasized SFV only and didn't utter a peep about the other versions of SFV that everyone and their grandma knows are going to happen. 

Because Sony is dumb enough to plop down millions of dollars and not read the fine print where it says "SV5 super duper ultra GOTY blah blah edition can be released on Xbox One"...

You still up for that bet? You don't seem very confident.

Soundwave said:
riderz13371 said:
NobleTeam360 said:

You want Sony to start talking about future versions before the damn thing is even out? How much more clear can they be? PS4 will be the only console you can play Street Fighter V on. If that changes I'll happily eat crow but for now I'm pretty sure the game (and any possible future versions) will stay console exclusive. 

Sigs are dumb. And so are you!

Published but not co-developed. It's like how Square-enix is publishing all Call of Duty games in Japan. That's the difference between this and Bayo 2 and Sf5's situation because both of them were co-developed by Nintendo(Bayo2) and Sony(Sf5).

Around the Network
Soundwave said:
riderz13371 said:

There's basically no IP that Sony has been able to keep from eventually appearing on XBox ... GTA, DMC, Virtua Fighter, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear were once all Sony exclusives too, eventually they all ended up on the XBox. 

AND EVEN IF Sony says Super SV5 edition won't release on Xbox One, you guys will just come up with some other weird ass name to try to call their bluff or whatever. Lmao give it a rest buddy. It's not going to happen.

riderz13371 said:
Soundwave said:
riderz13371 said:

Because Sony is dumb enough to plop down millions of dollars and not read the fine print where it says "SV5 super duper ultra GOTY blah blah edition can be released on Xbox One"...

You still up for that bet? You don't seem very confident.

You can't have your arguement both ways. On one hand you're saying MS is not confirming full exclusivity, but link me to quote where Sony says ALL VERSIONS of Street Fighter V will forever be exclusive to the PS4/PC. You can't because they didn't say that either. 

So if we're going "just by what they said" there's nothing that says Super SFV can't be on any other platform. 

"Bets" on the internet aren't my thing, it's kind of dorky I don't really care if you have sig control because I don't even have a sign (or an avatar) to begin with. A "bet" is like betting with a friend on a boxing fight or who can hit the most 3 pointers or something.

riderz13371 said:
NobleTeam360 said:
LordLichtenstein said:
NobleTeam360 said:

It's not like I'm saying it won't come to PS4, I just have my doubts about it doing so. Anyway I'm looking forward to seeing what games will be moneyhatted next, guess the games will continue to be from Japanese devs since they seem to complain about not having the money to develop games these days. 

They did. They announced that the Ps4 is the only console it's EVER gonna be on. They made it a point every time. Sf5 is console exclusive on the Ps4. Sf5 will only be playable on the Ps4. The Ps4 is the only console it's ever gonna be released on. If that's not specific then Idk what is. Squeenix and Microsoft never said anything like that. They only mentioned that it is timed exclusive on the Xbox One.

THOSE SONS A BITCHES