By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IGN "Recent sales data indicates Super Smash Bros. may not have given Wii U the boost it needs."

The GameCube adapter that they release with Smash bros should be used for the Virtual console games (N64 ones ) when they decide to add them to the service . Then again, I'm not 100% sure they will actually go onto the service.... :-/

Around the Network

Well, either one of two things.
-Wii U will make a profit in the end.
-Enjoy Nintendo while they last.

Edit: Or, stop caring about video games so much.

Eddie_Raja said:
XanderXT said:
Eddie_Raja said:

Resorting to logical falacies when you have nothing else to say.  What I said is the truth.  You cannot say it isn't based on any facts, so now you are saying I couldn't possibly make a better decision than Nintendo because I am not Nintendo.  Real smart thinking.

You know MS, Sony, AND Nintendo have made too many mistakes to count.  They are far from infallible.

I never said that they couldn't make mistakes. Nintendo's aim is profitabilty, not sales. This is the reason they used Cartridges on N64 and Minidiscs on Gamecube. If they cut the price now, then they will lose profitabilty. They don't have anything else to fall on when that happens, unlike Microsoft who uses Xbox Live suscription or their other divisions. But please, let's stop arguing. We aren't gonna change each other perceptions. I am already asking politely.

So in your opinion Nintendo should still use cartridges to be profitable?  You do know that massively reduced their profits because of the cost manufacture those things right?

What you just gave is another excellent example of Nintendo thinking they will do better overall clinging to some inferior product choice instead of embracing reality.

The fact is that whithin a year:

PS4=$400

X1=$300

PS3=$150

360=$100

If the Wii U wants to compete in that stack up it needs to be near last-gen prices.

I already asked you to stop.

Remember when I said, 3DS Smash would eat up Smash 4 boost?

Remember?

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Remember?

Smash didn't cause a big boost for the 3DS either though. Good software sales however. 

Though yeah, stick a fork in the Wii U. It's done. 

Around the Network
SwooshX said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Remember?

Smash didn't cause a big boost for the 3DS either though. Good software sales however. 

That's probably because it was jun/jul release irc.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
SwooshX said:
Dr.Henry_Killinger said:

Remember?

That's probably because it was jun/jul release irc.

It was Sept (Japan) & Oct (US/EU)

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I think with the coming Christmas things will improve VERY about it

Prediction: Nintendo Switch sells 100 million until the end of 2021