By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So Uncharted is copying Tomb Raider now?

tomb raider was open world? could have fooled me.

Around the Network
Angelus said:
daredevil.shark said:

Those who are comparing these two (uncharted and tomb raider) started gaming after 2006. Probably with Xbox 360. Ask veterans.

Uncharted 4 looks like it took cue from old Indians Jones games, specifically "Indiana Jones and Emperors Tomb". They were excellent. People who are saying tomb raider similarity because of that wall climbing thingy. Lol.

BTW tomb raider is a franchise that always copied other big games. Indiana Jones served as an inspiration. But tomb raider legend was a "copy / paste" from "Prince of persia two thrones".

But nothing will change. Why? Because most of the people who are comparing have no idea what I am talking about and started gaming late.

That was an awesome game. High five for knowing it!

Uncharted was always a take on tomb raider, but with a male lead character. And tomb raider was never ever a wana be uncharted game, like some people who dont know the history of the games. Either way both new versions, will be very good games I think.

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

HollyGamer said:
Tomb Raider (1994) influenced by Indiana Jones Movie and platformers games like Super Mario Brother.

Uncharted (last gen) influenced by Indiana Jones movies, and Resident Evil/Gears of wars action games and Crash bandicot.

Tomb Raider (2012) influenced by Uncharted purely and a little bit Tomb Rider (1994).

Uncharted (next gen/current Gen) influenced by Uncharted last gen, and The last of Us.

@bold - Not sure where you pulled SMB from to be honest.

Core's TR is influenced by Rick Dangerous for Amiga and Atari ST, also Core's game from 1989 - that game was influenced by Indiana Jones and Raiders of the Lost Arc and arguably by the C64 game Montezuma's Revenge from '84.

Also, Prince of Persia 2D, Another World and Flashback with their timed jumps are obvious influences.

Short answer: no.

OP needs to go play the original Uncharted to see where the franchise has its roots and where the roots of the Tomb Raider reboot were conceived.

That said, the original Uncharted was rightfully labeled as "Dude Raider" given the similarities between Nathan Drake and Lara Croft in terms of what they do, but not where they come from. Nate being an orphan, living on the streets, taken in at childhood by a mentor of questionable repute, and Lara being the daughter of privilege and orphaned from Duke/Duchess/Lord/Lady parents, with the inheritance of her parents' estate and the financial resources to be a global dilettante-explorer.

Around the Network

Uncharted has always been Tomb Raider with a dude!

Looks good though.

Can you blame them?

Gameplay wise TR>>>> UC

Tighter platforming, more fluid and fast paced, tighter gunplay, basically anything with PLAY on the end is better in TR for me, the only thing that UC has over TR is the story.

Idoicrady full up in this thread. Unless this is full on plagiarism you people need to ease up on your stupid outrage.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

Gamz said:
Pretty sure Uncharted was always a male ver of tomb raider.

I always considered it the video game version of Indiana Jones.

The Tomb Raider reboot(2013) is a copy of Uncharted, Uncharted was just inspired by Tomb Raider.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"