By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - So Uncharted is copying Tomb Raider now?

Ali_16x said:

The Tomb Raider reboot(2013) is a copy of Uncharted, Uncharted was just inspired by Tomb Raider.

LOL!  Fine line between inspired and copy.  

I think it's safe to say both greatly influenced each other.  

Around the Network
Gamz said:
Pretty sure Uncharted was always a male ver of tomb raider.

Agree this is nothing new

Yep.

I have never liked TR and I love UC so I think apart from the similarities come more from the fact both games are about treasure hunting.

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

Gamz said:
Ali_16x said:

The Tomb Raider reboot(2013) is a copy of Uncharted, Uncharted was just inspired by Tomb Raider.

LOL!  Fine line between inspired and copy.  

I think it's safe to say both greatly influenced each other.  

No, I actually think that. Uncharted's gameplay is nothing like that of Tomb Raiders(before the reboot of course) only the Treasure Hunting aspect but even that is not that original. But the Tomb Raider Reboots is very similar to Uncharted.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Um, did you ever play any of the Uncharted games? I'm not seeing where you got this copying idea from.

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Around the Network
adriane23 said:
Um, did you ever play any of the Uncharted games? I'm not seeing where you got this copying idea from.

Yes, I have played all three (console) games. And like I said I am only talking specifically about the similarities between UC4 and TR reboot, not any of the other UC or TR games. Yes, I realize Drake has gone to jungle islands many times before, but this has a vibe that is much more similar to the TR reboot. Even the island landscape shots with the ocean in the background are very reminiscent of the TR shots the TR reboot used in their promotional material. The pick axe, the rope... there is a lot of stuff that looks very similar. I can't help it, I'm getting a real sense of deja vu. If they had gone with a different setting I wouldn't be making these claims but there are just too many similarities (not just the obvious treasure hunter premise similarities) for me not to get a sense of deja vu.

Uncharted 1 took place in a deserted island aswell. Want to try again? :p

Looks like The Last of Us where the areas are still linear but more open in design. Let's hope it's not like Tomb Raider where the open world was just a fetch quest playground which detracted from the game rather than added to it. I preferred the older Tomb Raider games that were linear in design over the new one.

/thread

http://www.youtube.com/v/AoOOpLpcF28 http://www.youtube.com/v/CphFZGH5030

All Hail the Jester King. The King is back, and I am still a dirty girl prof ;)

Nicklesbe said:

/thread

Well, if you mean the movies, yes, they're the dads of every treasure hunt action-adventure games, while Indy games were more classic adventures compared to TR more action-centred ones, but three things put Lara above Indy and Drake: ass, legs and boobs. Curiously Lara was considered at the top of her sex-appeal in her first two or three games, when she was still quite low-res and low-polygon count.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!