By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Weekly Sales Up, 29 November 2014

Teeqoz said:
todd2r said:
small44 said:

the gap with re-increase again in ps4 favor after holiday

Doubtful. Xbox One is not going back to 399. Book it. It will stay at 349 and judging by the amazon rankings and just plain anecdotal evidence in retail stores, people seem happy with the 349 price tag. Then Microsoft will toss in a couple games here and there and that will boost sales some more. Sony has what? Order and Bloodborne? Thats not gonna be enough. Order will flop and Bloodborne is a niche title. Microsoft will have exclusive marketing rights for evolve, battlefield hardline, and the witcher. "Buy the battlefield hardline bundle and get another game of your choice for 349!"  I can see the commercials now. 

Actually Sony has exclusive marketing rights to Battlefield Hardline.... Just thought I'd let you know.

I stand corrected. Thats ok though. Microsoft will just give away battlefield hardline with every Evolve bundle purchase

Around the Network
biglittlesps said:
Lets see what we get from Sony tomorrow and see VGChartz estimate. I expect it should be close to 18 million in PS experience along with 20million shipment by now.

Yeah, I'm curious :)

Should be 20-21M shipped or 17M+ sold by tomorrow.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Rafux said:
todd2r said:
small44 said:

Doubtful. Xbox One is not going back to 399. Book it. It will stay at 349 and judging by the amazon rankings and just plain anecdotal evidence in retail stores, people seem happy with the 349 price tag. Then Microsoft will toss in a couple games here and there and that will boost sales some more. Sony has what? Order and Bloodborne? Thats not gonna be enough. Order will flop and Bloodborne is a niche title. Microsoft will have exclusive marketing rights for evolve, battlefield hardline, and the witcher. "Buy the battlefield hardline bundle and get another game of your choice for 349!"  I can see the commercials now. 

Bloodborne is niche but The Witcher is a system seller?

Also you should check the sales of the Souls series, they are not as big as skyrim but still pretty solid numbers

Sony might win Bloodborne month. Only if they introduce a blood red limited edition console to make the fans buy another ps4. Just like they did with the Destiny bundle. 

Goddamn, 360 sales can't be true, can they? Also nice to  see that at least in us there is a competition. 

Who was doubting Xbone wouldn't make it first for the run to 10 million with vita and wiiu?

PS4 wins again! Everything thrown at it and it still won!

Thanks jlmurph!

Around the Network
todd2r said:
Rafux said:
todd2r said:

Bloodborne is niche but The Witcher is a system seller?

Also you should check the sales of the Souls series, they are not as big as skyrim but still pretty solid numbers

Sony might win Bloodborne month. Only if they introduce a blood red limited edition console to make the fans buy another ps4. Just like they did with the Destiny bundle. 

PS4 wins every month with or without bundle, if you meant America then yes MS is spending millions and millions on price cuts and bundles they at least should match ps4 sales past the holidays

So Ninty is to the UK what the Xbone is to Japan.

BreedinBull said:

This is why Sony do not go for a price cut, they don't need it right now.  Maybe end of October 2015 ?  It would be insane the Holiday Season :D

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Nate4Drake said:
BreedinBull said:

This is why Sony do not go for a price cut, they don't need it right now.  Maybe end of October 2015 ?  It would be insane the Holiday Season :D

I am almost certain PS4 will recieve a price cut before October 2015.  I see an E3 announcement

todd2r said:
small44 said:
todd2r said:
Xbox one taking back North America confirmed. Keep on pressin Microsoft!

"66 percent for parents who purchased an Xbox One and 45 percent for those who bought a PS4."

XB1: 759,655 - 66% = 258k
PS4: 592,245 - 45% = 326k

The numbers actually show that even at 329$, PS4 would be leading.
XB1 made itself a holiday console, which is supported by the younger audience. It's well known that ps4 is a bit older than other fanbases, which concludes with support from the evidence above that sales will continue to be higher for ps4 come post-holiday.

Just a theory, but I'm 96% confident on this. 22% difference in unit sale. Jan NPD will be PS4...even if xb1 stayed at 329$. Next chance for contention probably during tax return season.