By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFXV What You Love and What You Hate/Are Worried About

Love:

The character gestures are incredible. 

The map looks reasonably open. Even if the teleport move is locked to certain points, so long as the map is open for foot traffic I will think it's good enough.

The story looks thusfar like it nails the balance for FF games; tense and character driven.

The music. I have loved Yoko Shimomura's work since she did Parasite Eve WAYYY back in 1998. I look forward to her FF soundtrack.

Worried about:

Those character gestures are a bit TOO good. I have to wonder how much is actually prescripted. If it's legit XV will set the bar for next gen RPGs. I don't think it'll be that good.

The Story. FF games always feel like they're filled with half-baked ideas and need another draft. I'll believe this one is different when I see it.

Around the Network
HollyGamer said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:
Love
-I liked the Sci Fi setting of 7,so it has a huge chance of being good.
-The huge world
Dislike
-The guys have really spikey hair. Seriously? I thought this game was supposed to be realistic? Now you're trying to make it Final Fantasy 7 again.
-Kingdom Hearts style of gameplay. Don't like it, because it doesn't belong in Final Fantasy.
HATE
-BORING CHARACTER DESIGNS!

spikey hair it called "Harajuku style " it's an emo, alternative style. It's normal, and it's very unrealistic if bald person becoming the main character

Why? Nothing wrong with bald people being the lead. Look at Commander Sherpard!

Bet with Xander XT: 

I can beat more games on his 3DS than he can on my PSVita in a month. Loser has to buy the winner a game on his/her handheld Guess who won? http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=193531

Me!

spemanig said:
VXIII said:

"When you repeatedly press the attack button, you can attack normally and execute combos."

"Depending on the timing of when you press the button, you can execute special moves like counters and parries. On the other hand, when keeping the button pressed, it is possible to conduct battle in a manner of reading your enemy's actions,"

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/final.fantasy.xv.latest.video.english.hajime.tabata.assures.game.longer.40.hours/42573.htm

Wha~~~???

I didn't know that! Learn something new every day! Still not like Kingdom Heart's, but it's definitely nothing like Dragon Age like I thought.

It is inspired by KH, but different in its own way:

2014 :

"We took a lot of hints from KH system. We used it maybe as a base if you like, from when we were designing that. The same idea in the same course has been carrying over into FFXV so this is quite a similar system. The main difference between XV and KH is we’re trying to do much more realistic sort of… well the feeling of the game and it’s based on what the real action and the real people could achieve."

"Obviously, the game has very fast speedy type action sequences like Kingdom Hearts does, but it’s very much ground into reality, the feeling of weight and reality that you get from real people hitting each other."

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/11/12/final-fantasy-xvs-combat-borrows-kingdom-hearts-speed-more-realistic/

2008:

"Kingdom Hearts team is involved with the gameplay system and they already have the knowhow from other titles. Of course it’s not a Kingdom Hearts-like system because it's a Final Fantasy title and we have previous Final Fantasy staff with us, so it’ll be a balanced mix of those two with lots of action. Imagine it for yourselves because I can’t say anything!"

Lost the link to this one :(

I worry a whole lot about this game but ill start off about what i love.

Love:

-from what we've seen i love how open the world is and how crazy the draw distance of the area is. 

-character models look absolutely insane!!

-music is very nice in deed

-love the envoirment designs. Beauty landscapes and architecture!

Worry:

-i worry that the story will be crap and that this whole male only cast wont create alot of diversity. They all seem borrong and cliche to me..

-Worry that the game just wont work, its been years in development and could turn out like duke nukem.

-All the trailers show how open the game is so i worry that in truth its pretty linear.

-im afraid of the boyband road trip thing...i hope there is a good reason for it so i can take the characters seriously.

-combat will be broken and very bad to control or that it becomes a hack n slash.

Hate:

Wont say i hate but more so that i dislike until or if the game proves me wrong.

-the character designs are bad and from what ive seen from the characters personalities, they seem boring.

-the road trip kpop band vide i get from thr trailer. ..looks terrible

-cant play as female character and Noctus only.

Like:
- The graphics: FFXV looked like a pretty game from the moment it got revealed at E3 2013!
- The music: Shimomura is a very talented composer, so no surprise here.
- The open word: This is definitely a HUGE improvement over XIII ( and X if you think about it)! Hopefully it will have a lot to explore..

Dislike:
- I'm kinda worried about the combat system honestly.. It looks a bit too much like hack 'n slash for my taste.. Of course, that won't kill the game for me though.
- I'm also a bit worried for the story.. Hopefully it will be better than XIII's story... Hopefully.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

I Love:
-Regarding the game itself, everything. Abosultely everything.
-The fact that if if Squeenix (And possibly Sony) plays its cards right this game could be highly successful, and populiraze the Action RPG genre further. We need more of these games man, we really do.

I'm Worried about:
-The game (I mean its current build, which began development in 2012-2013) being rushed.
-It not being successful enough.

I hate:
-The fact that if I like the game that would make an FF fan, and that means hearing the constant bitching of the fanbase.

I'm now filled with determination.

Just thought of throwing some gifs  here

VXIII said:

Amazing Gifs

OMG those are sick, how can people not like these character designs.

ktay95 said:

VXIII said:

Amazing Gifs

In my opinion the designs are very different from each other, the similarity is... the black color, perhaps ?

And I agree, the character designs are top notch and unique.

VXIII said:
ktay95 said:

VXIII said:

Amazing Gifs

In my opinion the designs are very different from each other, the similarity is... the black color, perhaps ?

And I agree, the character designs are top notch and unique.

Please tell me that I'm not the only one who would like to wear what they're wearing now. Those clothes are sick as hell.

I'm now filled with determination.