By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFXV What You Love and What You Hate/Are Worried About

Intrinsic said:

lol... i stopped giving them items too! just was trying to point out the benefits of the ff12 gambit system adapted for ff15

Yeah FFXII's gambit system is one of the greatest systems implemented in an RPG, wish more devs would use something similar

Around the Network

Love;

Artstyle: the gritty, realistic world is only comparable to VII- that was almost a decade ago, so its a welcome change

Newness: I like that the scenario and character set ups feels different from your generic JRPG. This idea of brothers on a roadtrip should hopefully offer a very unique perspective where the story is told and the characterisation

Scale: No explaination needed!

Worried:

That the world will be gorgeous and huge but very empty.
That there will not be enough control over your character and their actions.
Similar to XIII that their won't be enough lore told through the actual game content

Hate:

Its far too early to say I hate anything but the de-emphasis on singular weapons is worrying. Like you're running around switching between blades every combo, it removes a lot of the excitement and reward from acquiring a new blade. You character doesn't seem to adorn it either, so you only see it in combat :(

ktay95 said:
Intrinsic said:

lol... i stopped giving them items too! just was trying to point out the benefits of the ff12 gambit system adapted for ff15

Yeah FFXII's gambit system is one of the greatest systems implemented in an RPG, wish more devs would use something similar

for the life of me I have no idea why more devs don't use it. I think its the pefect way to make the most out of any party based RPG. Rather than redundant micromanaging which is exactly what switching through 3 different players to cast or use the exact same spell  or a spell/attack two or thre other players could do is.

So far i like what i am seeing with the FF15 gambit system, just hope that in addition to more in depth gambits they give us an option to instantly switch between different preset gambits. That way you can have a gambit set to make the most of magc based attack and defence, then another set for physical attacks and item heavy combat and be able to switch between them on the fly.

I like a lot of things about this game but I don't like the sausage fest. I need some tits in my game and I need them on my main party.

PS: I apologize for not liking sausages. Please don't kill me.

"I've Underestimated the Horse Power from Mario Kart 8, I'll Never Doubt the WiiU's Engine Again"

The_Sony_Girl1 said:
HollyGamer said:
The_Sony_Girl1 said:
Love
-I liked the Sci Fi setting of 7,so it has a huge chance of being good.
-The huge world
Dislike
-The guys have really spikey hair. Seriously? I thought this game was supposed to be realistic? Now you're trying to make it Final Fantasy 7 again.
-Kingdom Hearts style of gameplay. Don't like it, because it doesn't belong in Final Fantasy.
HATE
-BORING CHARACTER DESIGNS!

spikey hair it called "Harajuku style " it's an emo, alternative style. It's normal, and it's very unrealistic if bald person becoming the main character

Why? Nothing wrong with bald people being the lead. Look at Commander Sherpard!

it's fine if it's western RPG or Mass effect. Final Fantasy always have that kind typical style from the begining of the series.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
Love:
The graphics
The fact that it's a Final Fantasy game

Hate:
The crappy battle system
Only being able to play as one character

I'm guessing that you don't like Kingdom Hearts much do you? Anyway, we haven't played it ourselves so I don't calling the combat crappy right now is fair. Unless you're one of the "hurrdurr it isn't turnbased so it must suck" kind of guys, if so, go right ahead, it's always funny when one of those guys comes in and voices his/her thoughts.

I'm now filled with determination.

Ka-pi96 said:
thatguymarco said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Love:
The graphics

Hate:
The crappy battle system

I'm guessing that you don't like Kingdom Hearts much do you? Anyway, we haven't played it ourselves so I don't calling the combat crappy right now is fair. Unless you're one of the "hurrdurr it isn't turnbased so it must suck" kind of guys, if so, go right ahead, it's always funny when one of those guys comes in and voices his/her thoughts.

I don't like Kingdom Hearts, but that's because it has Disney characters in rather than because of the combat system.

And yes, I do think it will suck because it's not turn based.

Um, that's okay I guess, I mean, I would be really pissed off if they made Kingdom Hearts 4 turn-based, so I can see your point. I guess the best way to go about things it's not being a dick if you're against it or for it to go forward, who knows, maybe if this game is successful the next game in the franchise can be turn-based and appeal to the fanbase of the classics.

Also, I apologize for my last comment, I came off as a bit of a dick as I was mocking you guys that think that way, the fact is, I always mock everything like that, even myself. :P So, no hard feelings?

Ka-pi96 said:
thatguymarco said:
Ka-pi96 said:
thatguymarco said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Love:
The graphics

Hate:
The crappy battle system

I don't like Kingdom Hearts, but that's because it has Disney characters in rather than because of the combat system.

And yes, I do think it will suck because it's not turn based.

Um, that's okay I guess, I mean, I would be really pissed off if they made Kingdom Hearts 4 turn-based, so I can see your point. I guess the best way to go about things it's not being a dick if you're against it or for it to go forward, who knows, maybe if this game is successful the next game in the franchise can be turn-based and appeal to the fanbase of the classics.

Also, I apologize for my last comment, I came off as a bit of a dick as I was mocking you guys that think that way, the fact is, I always mock everything like that, even myself. :P So, no hard feelings?

Yep, no hard feelings

While I do prefer turn based I've enjoyed some good action RPGs as well. I'll be getting FFXV regardless, I'd just be looking forward to it a lot more if it was turn based.

That's good to hear. :)

Even if I'm not very fond of turn based RPGs myself (With the exception of the Paper Mario series), I hope that JRPG fans get more love in the coming years.

BraLoD said:
think-man said:
Im worried it maybe to casual and that there may not be enough rpg elements to it. Also the fact that you can only use one character where previously that wasn't the case kind of sucks. Also the whole car thing has me a tad worried. What i do like though is the setting and character an npc design :)

Hey, some good time that I don't see around here man, too busy? Or am I getting blind? xD

Hahaha I left for 6 months :) hows things 

For the most part, I'm cautiously optimistic about the game. The open world, the return of the gambit system, and the setting are all pluses for me.

The one thing I am worried about is the same thing I am worried about for every Final Fantasy game since 8. And that is the game focusing too much on the characters, love stories, and their "feelings". Most Final Fantasy games have the emotional maturity of a 12 year old girl. It was a breath of fresh air when FF12 spent more time on the story, setting, and bigger picture, rather than all that extra fluff that usually has my eyes rolling.