By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FFXV What You Love and What You Hate/Are Worried About

KingdomHeartsFan said:
Nem said:
What i like? The world. Seems like a mix of reality with a japanese fantasy aestethic. It looks Final fantasy. Maybe reminiscent of FF7.

What i'm worried about? The characters and the story. FFXIII droped the ball repeatidly on that front.

Well this is a new team and director.  I don't think FF13 gives any indication about how the story or characters will be in this game.  It would be better to look at past games that the director made imo.

I know, and regardless it still worries me. I cannot remeber the last time in-house square told a good story. FFX? Also, i dont think Kingdom hearts is representitive of this. The first game had a simplistic plot. It only became good with KH2. 

If you mean to dodge into the current director... well, i didnt like type 0, so i dont know how good the plot was. It wasnt enough to keep me playing for sure. 

Around the Network
KingdomHeartsFan said:

-The combat.  This was a given considering I'm a big KH fan, this i basically KH on steroids with a bunch of nice little details like synergy with your allies.

???

The combat is nothing like Kingdom Hearts. Like at all.

spemanig said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

-The combat.  This was a given considering I'm a big KH fan, this i basically KH on steroids with a bunch of nice little details like synergy with your allies.

???

The combat is nothing like Kingdom Hearts. Like at all.

Its an action RPG where you mostly mash one button (In XV you hold the button, but its the same thing) and have secondary attacks like magic to spice things up.  There is even a lot of mobility, ie flow motion vs Nocis teleporting ability.  Ofc there are differences but the main framework is the same. 

Jizz_Beard_thePirate said:

Love:
-It looks like its going to be an awesome FF with tons of new mechanics and an awesome world to explore

Worry:
-Its going to be as disappointing as FFXIII
-Lightning will make a cameo

Hate:
-Not enough Chicks

I think I will add to that hate and say horrible main character similar to past couple of main characters of the FF series. 

Too many things to like, I'll just mention what seems to be revolutionary.

- The interaction between characters, both as a gameplay element, and as a story telling medium. You can tell the cast are close friends juat by looking how they help each other and how "comfortable" they are with each other even though the burden of is heavy. Telling a story not only through cutscenes.

- The warping mechanic, while not revolutionary in itself, but the real-time interaction with the environment elements that requires keeping an eye on your surroundings, while attacking enemies, to warp away at the right time. Here lays the importance of having the option of holding a button for continues attacking.

Worried about the lack of difficulty, most games are too easy nowadays.

Around the Network
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Its an action RPG where you mostly mash one button (In XV you hold the button, but its the same thing) and have secondary attacks like magic to spice things up.  There is even a lot of mobility, ie flow motion vs Nocis teleporting ability.  Ofc there are differences but the main framework is the same. 

The fact that you hold a button to attack completly changes it. That doens't make for an ARPG. It's closer to Dragon Age than KH.

spemanig said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

The fact that you hold a button to attack completly changes it. That doens't make for an ARPG. It's closer to Dragon Age than KH.

"When you repeatedly press the attack button, you can attack normally and execute combos."

"Depending on the timing of when you press the button, you can execute special moves like counters and parries. On the other hand, when keeping the button pressed, it is possible to conduct battle in a manner of reading your enemy's actions,"

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/final.fantasy.xv.latest.video.english.hajime.tabata.assures.game.longer.40.hours/42573.htm

Im worried it maybe to casual and that there may not be enough rpg elements to it. Also the fact that you can only use one character where previously that wasn't the case kind of sucks. Also the whole car thing has me a tad worried. What i do like though is the setting and character an npc design :)

The camera is one of those things that can be fixed pretty late in the game. I wouldn't worry, SE, if anything, is pretty good at polishing their games and they have never given me a reason to worry about the camera or glitches like other publishers *coughEAUbisoftcough*

About them emptiness, not only did they say there would be more monsters, but more "things to do". For example, you can fish near the cabin we saw. I also wouldn't worry too much, as long as there is some form of transportation.

Not being able to play as other members is a downside, yes. I hope the battle system is fun regardless.

As for me...

I like almost everything I've seen, yet at the same time I retain a healthy scepticism. I mean, the game could end up being a chore and having a terrible and boring story, despite the demos looking great. SE has lost its touch with FF, although seeing XIV's success makes me a bit more hopeful that they're taking this seriously.

From what I've seen, the thing that worries me the most is the battle system. Not a big fan of Crisis Core's system. I hope we're not just gonna be mashing buttons.

No troll is too much for me to handle. I rehabilitate trolls, I train people. I am the Troll Whisperer.

VXIII said:

"When you repeatedly press the attack button, you can attack normally and execute combos."

"Depending on the timing of when you press the button, you can execute special moves like counters and parries. On the other hand, when keeping the button pressed, it is possible to conduct battle in a manner of reading your enemy's actions,"

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/final.fantasy.xv.latest.video.english.hajime.tabata.assures.game.longer.40.hours/42573.htm

Wha~~~???

I didn't know that! Learn something new every day! Still not like Kingdom Heart's, but it's definitely nothing like Dragon Age like I thought.