By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So, Who Really Is Going To Win November NPD?

Who Will Win?

PS4 374 52.82%

XBO 239 33.76%

And For The Upset, Wii U 95 13.42%

Total:708
tak13 said:
I will play it safe!A TIE!
I would say xb1 but it is overtracked and I haven't conclude how much overtracked is,70k,100k,200k...?

It might as well be. Earlier this month, a lot of people were confident that the X1 had November in the bag. However, this is no longer the case. There is a possibility that the PS4 has erased the deficit from the first 3 weeks. I'll say X1 will win, but by a really teensy bit.

Around the Network

Insidb just pointed me to this link.  Looks like PS4 got some awesome shipments if Wal-Mart tripled shipments compared to last month.  They do say all HW, though, if it's based on last month, the PS4 most definitely outshipped the other two by quite a bit.

thismeintiel said:
PenguinZ said:

Xbox One. The implications for losing aren't healthy for consumers.

Not good for the consumers?  Yea, cause the PS1 and PS2 eras were remembered as the worst in gaming history.  Or were they remembered as some of the best?  Can't remember. 

Lack of good competition breeds arrogance and complacency. I don't want Sony to become complacent, but I fear that could happen.

A competitive enviroment is always better for consumers. Having one entity dominate the scene does has negative implications, whether the effects are felt short term or long term.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

According to VGC XB one had a 180K lead going in to BF. I think PS4 will win BF week, but not by that much. So I think a narrow win for Xb one, if VGC is approximately right about the pre-BF gap.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Nov NPD is the last bastion for XB1 in US. Luckily, if they had good supply management this will be a case of Anything can Happen Vs Consistency is Key favoring XB1, and they are more likely to win it.
In the case that they lose, well US loss confirmed.

I expect the opposite of last year, where PS4 won november but XB1 won BF.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Around the Network

Well I checked best buy

wii u sold out during black friday(well the 4 game bundle)

gamestop has wii u in top 10 bestselling anything there

walmart it was doing ok 

target it was doing ok

but anyway xbox one wil probably win

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

celador said:
X1 by at least 200k. If it isn't a comfortable win for MS they should be worried

So you think XB one outsold PS4 on BF?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

binary solo said:
celador said:
X1 by at least 200k. If it isn't a comfortable win for MS they should be worried

So you think XB one outsold PS4 on BF?

I have a feeling it might have done yes.  I could be wrong, but Sony seems to get a bit more of it's sales online than X1.  So I am guessing that PS4 did better with the online retailers, but X1 did better in stores.

Sony also seem to have really stuffed the channels, so I think they may sell more today and for the next few days with demand still high and X1 in short supply, but the 29th is the last day that is counted on NPD, so that coupled with strong sales in the first three weeks, I think X1 should have a good lead for the month.

Shadow1980 said:
It can still be very close. If VGC is any indication, over half of hardware sales for the 360 and PS3 over the last several years has been on BF week. If that is indeed the case, then if the PS4 takes BF week then it could easily close the gap for the month. Also, it's likely that VGC is still overtracking the XBO, which means the gap so far could easily be well under the 180k they have it at right now.

November is still a toss-up as far as I'm concerned. Black Friday week is just too big, and can swing the whole month all by itself.

Oh, and I wonder if this will be the biggest first November ever for game consoles. Black Friday apparently took a while to get as big as it is. Up until around 2009-2010, December was usually proportionally much larger than November, but for the last several years November has been much closer to December.

Isn't Nov 2013 technically the first November for PS4bone? But if you mean availability in all markets then I guess it's this year.

Jimi Hendrix

XBox should win easily.

On the first day of the NPD month, MS dropped the price by $50, then gave you two games for free (AC Bundle), had Halo release a week later, exclusive marketing/bundle for CoD, dropped the price another $20 for Black Friday and had some retailers give you $50 gift cards on top of that. (Target)

PS did nothing until Black Friday, and gave you two different bundles with no price drop.

North America is the only hope for the XBox One to sell close to PS4, and they are throwing everything at November to win NPD and turn the tide in the US.

If MS does not win November, they are in deep trouble.