By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - So, Who Really Is Going To Win November NPD?

Who Will Win?

PS4 374 52.82%

XBO 239 33.76%

And For The Upset, Wii U 95 13.42%

Total:708

Although my prefered system for gamin is the PS4, I really hope the XBone takes Blck Friday. The implecations of thm losing (after all those deals/ bundles... $329 with a game!!!? Dammm) would not b good for consumers!!!! We need competition!!

Around the Network

X1 by at least 200k. If it isn't a comfortable win for MS they should be worried

TiagoCosta said:
Damagon said:
X1 will have a narrow edge over the PS4 for November. I'm 100% certain of this. I also expect Sony's PR to boast their dominance on Black Friday.

But I'm not going to lie, should the X1 lose this site will be enormously fun to watch.

Why? most are thinking exactly that.

I don't know about most users. I'm specifically talking about the number of threads made since mid October. I couldn't care less which console wins, what's fun to watch for me is seeing the vocal users backpedal. 

What I want to win: Wii U
What should win: PS4
What will win: XB1

XBOX ONE/Wii U/3DS/PC

RIP Iwata 12/6/1959-7/11/2015

Thanks for all the great memories!

Shadow1980 said:
It can still be very close. If VGC is any indication, over half of hardware sales for the 360 and PS3 over the last several years has been on BF week. If that is indeed the case, then if the PS4 takes BF week then it could easily close the gap for the month. Also, it's likely that VGC is still overtracking the XBO, which means the gap so far could easily be well under the 180k they have it at right now.

November is still a toss-up as far as I'm concerned. Black Friday week is just too big, and can swing the whole month all by itself.

Oh, and I wonder if this will be the biggest first November ever for game consoles. Black Friday apparently took a while to get as big as it is. Up until around 2009-2010, December was usually proportionally much larger than November, but for the last several years November has been much closer to December.

They over tracked the sales for October by a decent Margin for the X1. They multipled the increase for the first week of november by more than triple and that fits in the MS PR statement. The problem is they were over tracking so if they over tracked the October week by 15k then they over tracked the November week by 45-50k. The gap is likley closer to 130k which means it's do-able for PS4 in my book. Still think X1 will narrowly win NPD and I said 100k win but the more PS4 keeps dominating BF the more I think that gap is getting smaller and smaller. 

celador said:
X1 by at least 200k. If it isn't a comfortable win for MS they should be worried

As I said above I dn't think MS were leading before BF by anything more than 150k. I doubt they will lose by 200k if Sony wins BF. Less than 100k win is more likely.

Around the Network

would be shocked if xb1 doesnt win Nov and even Dec to an extent

i just cant see 330 and in some cases 280 getting outsold by 400 price tag

Play Me

BHR-3 said:
would be shocked if xb1 doesnt win Nov and even Dec to an extent

i just cant see 330 and in some cases 280 getting outsold by 400 price tag

So you're saying that WiiU is certain to win? It is the cheapest one...

XBO will probably win, but PS4 will win December NPD.

It's possible that PS4 may win December and the rest of November but the damage has been done and I don't think Sony will be able to reverse the sales gap in November. For the first time in 2014, I am guessing XB1 will win this month although it can still be a very close call EITHER WAY. In any case, XB1 will sell substantially more than it did before relative to PS4; the question is, whether this will increase from 70% of PS4 to 90% or 130% (rough estimates).

Playstation 5 vs XBox Series Market Share Estimates

Regional Analysis  (only MS and Sony Consoles)
Europe     => XB1 : 23-24 % vs PS4 : 76-77%
N. America => XB1 :  49-52% vs PS4 : 48-51%
Global     => XB1 :  32-34% vs PS4 : 66-68%

Sales Estimations for 8th Generation Consoles

Next Gen Consoles Impressions and Estimates

I will play it safe!A TIE!
I would say xb1 but it is overtracked and I haven't conclude how much overtracked is,70k,100k,200k...?