By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "Another Mario/Zelda Game" Rehash, Rehash, Rehash? Well Lets See About That...

tbone51 said:
phaedruss said:
KLAMarine said:

So what? Other developers have greatly expanded the types of games and scope of games. Nintendo is stagnant pumping out the same games every generation with a few half-assed attempts at new IPs.

Somebody hasnt played a nintendo since the NES^

No . He's right.  The New Super Mario Bros series and Yoshi's New Island are worse, much worse in Yoshi's New Island's case than their predecessor's on the NES and SNES.

Super Mario 3D Land and possibly World is a great game, but there's little difference to the game than it being a 3D version of Super Mario Bros 3.  That's really not a bad thing as long as the game is good, but doesn't change the fact that little has changed in the execution of games from the NES to now. 

Around the Network
phaedruss said:
Lol this is stupid. You have to include all of the mario games and spinoffs and all of the zelda games and zelda spinoffs etc. Mario Kart is a mario spinoff for example.

mario kart isn't a spin off, it's a franchise.

kupomogli said:
tbone51 said:
phaedruss said:
KLAMarine said:

So what? Other developers have greatly expanded the types of games and scope of games. Nintendo is stagnant pumping out the same games every generation with a few half-assed attempts at new IPs.

Somebody hasnt played a nintendo since the NES^

No . He's right.  The New Super Mario Bros series and Yoshi's New Island are worse, much worse in Yoshi's New Island's case than their predecessor's on the NES and SNES.

Super Mario 3D Land and possibly World is a great game, but there's little difference to the game than it being a 3D version of Super Mario Bros 3.  That's really not a bad thing as long as the game is good, but doesn't change the fact that little has changed in the execution of games from the NES to now. 

Wat? You pick NSMB+YNI only but how about Galaxies? Metroid Primes? Fire Emblem? Etc? Anybody can pick from the worst of many games easily.

As for SM3D Land/World. A little difference? Holy **** if Thats a little difference overall from SMB3, then wat the **** is going on with 95% of all sequels nowadays? 

Pointing out some bad eggs wont help your case, and also NSMB series especially the frst 2 were suppose to feel like the originals and they did just that. NSMBWii introduced Co Op 2D platformer for Nintendo (4 players) and NSMB (ds) was the first 2D mario game in over a decade!

Materia-Blade said:
phaedruss said:
Lol this is stupid. You have to include all of the mario games and spinoffs and all of the zelda games and zelda spinoffs etc. Mario Kart is a mario spinoff for example.

Nope. Same game.

I was playing Super Mario Galaxy and I loved every minute of it. Then I went to play one of the sequels, Mario Tennis Open on the 3DS. It was nothing like Galaxy at all. Just Tennis. I mean WTF Nintendo?

KLXVER said:
Materia-Blade said:
phaedruss said:

Nope. Same game.

I was playing Super Mario Galaxy and I loved every minute of it. Then I went to play one of the sequels, Mario Tennis Open on the 3DS. It was nothing like Galaxy at all. Just Tennis. I mean WTF Nintendo?

HAHAHA

Tsubasa Ozora

Keiner kann ihn bremsen, keiner macht ihm was vor. Immer der richtige Schuss, immer zur richtigen Zeit. Superfussball, Fairer Fussball. Er ist unser Torschützenkönig und Held.

Around the Network

Rehashing by itself is not bad aswell as it is done in moderation. Yearly installments definitly are a cancer on the industry. The more they make them, the more likely it is the consumer en-mass will grow tired of it.

tbone51 said:

Wat? You pick NSMB+YNI only but how about Galaxies? Metroid Primes? Fire Emblem? Etc? Anybody can pick from the worst of many games easily.

As for SM3D Land/World. A little difference? Holy **** if Thats a little difference overall from SMB3, then wat the **** is going on with 95% of all sequels nowadays? 

Pointing out some bad eggs wont help your case, and also NSMB series especially the frst 2 were suppose to feel like the originals and they did just that. NSMBWii introduced Co Op 2D platformer for Nintendo (4 players) and NSMB (ds) was the first 2D mario game in over a decade!

And like I said in another post, you don't ever hear people calling games like Metroid and Fire Emblem rehashes.  You hear people begging for new releases.  So why would I list those games? 

"Megaman 10 - 46th action-platformer since 1987" "Mario 3D Worlds - 19th platformer since 1985"

Thet's true, but you know what's also true?

"Megaman 10 - 4th action-platformer since 2006, only action-platformer since 2010" and "Mario 3D Worlds - 8th Platformer since 2006, 3rd 3D platformer since 2010"

Very different when you look at them from this perspective, huh?

st0pnsw0p said:

"Megaman 10 - 46th action-platformer since 1987" "Mario 3D Worlds - 19th platformer since 1985"

Thet's true, but you know what's also true?

"Megaman 10 - 4th action-platformer since 2006, only action-platformer since 2010" and "Mario 3D Worlds - 8th Platformer since 2006, 3rd 3D platformer since 2010"

Very different when you look at them from this perspective, huh?

Yes, Mega Man is dead. Whats your point?

Picky and close minded OP.

All these "double standard pics" start to really annoy me when the complaints are different.

Try harder.