By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - "Another Mario/Zelda Game" Rehash, Rehash, Rehash? Well Lets See About That...

Samus Aran said:
AZWification said:

To be perefctly honest, I only hear people complain about Mario being a rehash..

And ironically that is probably one of the franchises where Nintendo changes up the gameplay the most. 

Super Mario Bros. 2 is nothing like Super Mario Bros., Super Mario World 2 is nothing like Super Mario World, Super Mario Sunshine is nothing like Super Mario 64, Super Mario Galaxy is nothing like Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario 3D World is nothing like Super Mario Galaxy. 

The only games Nintendo rehashes are the New Super Mario Bros. series and Pokémon. 

Yeah.. The Mario franchise will always be rehash no matter how much it changes with each game.. It's funny because only people who don't even give a shit about Mario complain about that.. smh

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network
AZWification said:
Samus Aran said:
AZWification said:

To be perefctly honest, I only hear people complain about Mario being a rehash..

And ironically that is probably one of the franchises where Nintendo changes up the gameplay the most. 

Super Mario Bros. 2 is nothing like Super Mario Bros., Super Mario World 2 is nothing like Super Mario World, Super Mario Sunshine is nothing like Super Mario 64, Super Mario Galaxy is nothing like Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario 3D World is nothing like Super Mario Galaxy. 

The only games Nintendo rehashes are the New Super Mario Bros. series and Pokémon. 

Yeah.. The Mario franchise will always be rehash no matter how much it changes with each game.. It's funny because only people who don't even give a shit about Mario complain about that.. smh

Kinda funny that Nintendos rehashes is getting higher scores than other companys big new AAA games...

Well, I don't play many Nintendo franchises but as far as Pokemon are Concerned, X&Y are defenately not the 7th games in the series.
1)Pokemon Bue/Red/Yellow
2)Gold/Silver/Crystal
3)gen 3
4)gen 4
5)gen 5
6)gen6
7)Remake of Gen1
8)Remake of gen2
9)Remake of gen3
10)&11)&12)&13)The mystery Dungeon games
And many more, The GameCube games.The Ranger games.How many are those? 3-4?
Some lame games like Pokemon Pinball e.t.c
Of course I like pokemon thats why I know all these titles, but it is the most milked franchise I've played.
Also kids are stupid and many times buy for example ruby and after a year emerald and they might even buy saphire cause they would like to have all three of them.( I did that 10 years ago)
Plus they don't let you have more than one save file on each game.

Edit: on wikipedia I can count 24 games not counting the different version. 24 games since 1998.